x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

SASSY_TEMPER Page Icon Posted 2010-04-10 11:41 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I BOUGHT THIS MINI COMPUTER OFF EBAY AND ITS A CE 6 I CAN NOT DOWNLOAD ANY THING ON IT AFTER DOWNLOADING IT I GET AN ERROR SAYING THE PROGRAM DOES NOT SUPPORT CE6 . IM NOT GOOD WITH COMPUTERS I NEED HELP PLEASE HELP ME , I HAVE TRIED TO DOWNLOAD YAHOO MESSENGER ALSO QQ GAMES IT WILL NOT LET ME DOWN LOAD ANY THING
 Top of the page
RTFM Page Icon Posted 2010-04-10 11:59 PM
#
H/PC Elite

You can't just download any old software that you would for your desktop computer. These netbooks run windows embedded, not full blown windows, and have different cpu types than those typically used on desktops and laptops. You'll want to look for handheld pc or pocket pc software for ARM devices. On that note however i just updated my software collection that runs on CE5 and CE6 netbooks. It includes some games, messengers, utilities etc etc. Just extract and copy to a SD/USB stick and run the programs from there, or copy the software you want to your device.

Download here: http://www.filefactory.com/file/b109g61/n/winCE6soft.zip

Scroll to bottom of page and click "download with file factory basic" to download.

Cheers.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2010-04-11 12:12 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

RTFM, does your CE6 netbook come with all the libraries needed to run the software in your collection? Just curious because I've had to add several dlls to my CE5 eGo to enable the programs to run.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-04-11 12:28 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

My CE 6.0 netbook does.

SASSY_TEMPER, some of the .exe files you've downloaded may be installer programs that are run on a desktop PC to install the application on the CE device from there. The installer puts a .cab file in a folder on the PC (usually inside either \Program Files\Microsoft ActiveSync or \Program Files) that you can copy onto an SD card and run on the CE 6 netbook from there. (Also, can you please turn off 'Caps Lock' on your keyboard? Typing in all capitals on an online forum is like shouting during an in-person conversation - it's considered poor etiquette.)
 Top of the page
RTFM Page Icon Posted 2010-04-11 12:53 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Rich: Yep 95% of everything in that zip runs without a hitch on the CE6 install that comes on the TinyBook. The other 5% seem to only work on CE5 (at least they run on the razorbook400 anyway). The few apps that i needed to add dll's to i tossed in those programs folders.

Cheers.
 Top of the page
NathanielZhu Page Icon Posted 2010-04-11 1:00 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

RTFM - 2010-04-10 11:59 PM

You can't just download any old software that you would for your desktop computer. These netbooks run windows embedded, not full blown windows, and have different cpu types than those typically used on desktops and laptops. You'll want to look for handheld pc or pocket pc software for ARM devices. On that note however i just updated my software collection that runs on CE5 and CE6 netbooks. It includes some games, messengers, utilities etc etc. Just extract and copy to a SD/USB stick and run the programs from there, or copy the software you want to your device.

Download here: http://www.filefactory.com/file/b109g61/n/winCE6soft.zip

Scroll to bottom of page and click "download with file factory basic" to download.

Cheers.

Holy crap. you're my savior!

I've been looking for windows ce 6.0 software and NONE works for me. Mostly, I've been trying to find working emulators and none works......yamece....Pocketnester...pocketsnes....they all don't work.

I hope your software works. I haven't tested it yet.

but THANKS!!!

Another feature I find kinda dumb that CE is lacking is the background image. There's no option to stretch the image to fit the screen which I think is kinda stupid that microsoft left out. Luckilly, there's picture resizers on the internet. I'm trying to make my ce look and sound as much like Vista as I can.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-04-12 5:31 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

The H/PC 2000 version of MAMECE works as well. It actually appears to work with more MAME ROMs than the Pocket PC version (which so far doesn't open on my CE 6 netbook) does on a Pocket PC.
 Top of the page
mscdex Page Icon Posted 2010-04-12 8:31 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

CE Geek - 2010-04-12 12:31 AM

The H/PC 2000 version of MAMECE works as well. It actually appears to work with more MAME ROMs than the Pocket PC version (which so far doesn't open on my CE 6 netbook) does on a Pocket PC.

Have you tried PocketCultMame and/or FinalBurn WinCE?
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-04-12 8:33 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

IIRC, I tried PCMAME without success.
 Top of the page
nigelmercier Page Icon Posted 2010-04-12 12:39 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

SASSY_TEMPER - 2010-04-10 11:41 PM

I BOUGHT THIS MINI COMPUTER OFF EBAY...

I've just bought one as well, but I'm rather hoping mine has the option to turn CAPS-LOCK off
 Top of the page
kand
kand Page Icon Posted 2010-04-24 8:28 PM
#
a BIG tank you to RTFM for the WIN CE 6.0 package
 Top of the page
RTFM Page Icon Posted 2010-04-24 10:40 PM
#
H/PC Elite

I'm actually uploading another updated zipfile. Will make a new post when it's done. More games added, working skype, working skyfire browser and other stuff. It'll be about 105mb.

Cheers.
 Top of the page
NathanielZhu Page Icon Posted 2010-04-24 11:02 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

RTFM - 2010-04-24 10:40 PM

I'm actually uploading another updated zipfile. Will make a new post when it's done. More games added, working skype, working skyfire browser and other stuff. It'll be about 105mb.

Cheers.

Woah, will you post it in this thread when you're done?
 Top of the page
RTFM Page Icon Posted 2010-04-25 12:16 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Here it is. Last update as i just wanted make something easy for users to get started with that had issues installing software on their CE5/6 netbooks.
Added skype, skyfire (even though its designed for a smaller screen so it looks a little crummy), added the shareware duke3d.grp to duke3d, added a couple webkit based web browsers (they use loads of ram but are interesting to mess with), added a few more games, added a search app, added a hex editor, added some ebook, bible and dictionary files, added some control panel plugins and some other stuff.

Download: http://filefactory.com/file/b40cdc6/n/winCE6freeware.zip

Cheers.
 Top of the page
NathanielZhu Page Icon Posted 2010-04-25 1:40 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

RTFM - 2010-04-25 12:16 AM

Here it is. Last update as i just wanted make something easy for users to get started with that had issues installing software on their CE5/6 netbooks.
Added skype, skyfire (even though its designed for a smaller screen so it looks a little crummy), added the shareware duke3d.grp to duke3d, added a couple webkit based web browsers (they use loads of ram but are interesting to mess with), added a few more games, added a search app, added a hex editor, added some ebook, bible and dictionary files, added some control panel plugins and some other stuff.

Download: http://filefactory.com/file/b40cdc6/n/winCE6freeware.zip

Cheers.

thanks, you sort of made me happier.

I keep getting scammed on online games. Those hours of work all for nothing.
And Constantly too.....Every time I trust someone, I get scammed. Is this world really that creul?
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.234 - Cached queries : 69 - Executed queries : 11