x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

bitbank Page Icon Posted 2010-05-05 10:11 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I've been waiting quite a while to be able to buy a WinCE netbook. I will be getting one in the next week or so. Probably one of the 300Mhz ARM varieties. I plan on offering my software for it (image/video/games/communications). The first thing I will get running on it is SmartGear (www.bitbanksoftware.com/SmartGear.html). I'm looking at what the future holds for Windows Mobile and since all of my work is in native code, WM6/CE6 looks like it will be the end of the line. If I can help provide some cool apps for CE netbooks, then that might be a good place to spend my energy since Windows Mobile 6 is ending.

I'll let you know when I have something for you to play with.

Larry B.
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2010-05-06 2:43 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
I used your infrared software for a long time on my J-720. Nice to see you here.

Jake
 Top of the page
Kheph_re Page Icon Posted 2010-05-13 11:42 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

That would be excellent. These CE5/6 Netbooks are a bit lacking in the trouser department at the moment .
 Top of the page
a66448579
a66448579 Page Icon Posted 2010-05-16 10:04 PM
#
RTFM you beautiful man! ive been looking all over for some decent windows CE apps to run on my chinese netbook!
thanks much for the files!
 Top of the page
pphilipp Page Icon Posted 2010-06-06 12:18 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

RTFM - 2010-04-24 7:16 PM

Here it is. Last update as i just wanted make something easy for users to get started with that had issues installing software on their CE5/6 netbooks.
Added skype, skyfire (even though its designed for a smaller screen so it looks a little crummy), added the shareware duke3d.grp to duke3d, added a couple webkit based web browsers (they use loads of ram but are interesting to mess with), added a few more games, added a search app, added a hex editor, added some ebook, bible and dictionary files, added some control panel plugins and some other stuff.

Download: http://filefactory.com/file/b40cdc6/n/winCE6freeware.zip

Cheers.

This upload of yours brings tears to my eyes.
Why?
Tears of joy, that is!
Because this awesome collection makes my Wits A81 even more awesome!
I've only tried about 12 apps but everything works perfect... so far.

The Wits has the incredible Cortex processor and now it actually has a variety of apps to put it through it's paces.
Thanks for sharing with us.
 Top of the page
TCPMP on GPS
TCPMP on GPS Page Icon Posted 2010-06-07 5:30 AM
#
Dana, RTFM and others

I have the same TCPMP problems you reported so I bought coreplayer.
Both have the same random crashes usually within 5 minutes. sometimes pink "blocks" on the screen.

Have you been able to get either working.

Anyones help would be gretly appreciated.
 Top of the page
Gary
Gary Page Icon Posted 2010-06-29 1:19 PM
#
Has anyone had Skype issues with these devices.

I've just bought a 7" with a VT1505 CE 6 and a massive 256mb memory.
It came bundled with Skype for pocket pc 2.0.0.51

It connects to another Skype account ( so far only tried the one ) on our proper laptop, but once connected doesn't communicate. No audio from the other user, no sound out from the microphon, no text messages.

It's pretty annoying given that the netbook was purchased with travel communications in mind.

Mind you I'm pretty happy with everything else so far.
( though its still early days ).

Top of the page
crash.txt
crash.txt Page Icon Posted 2010-07-17 6:04 PM
#
TCPMP on GPS - 2010-06-07 5:30 AM

Dana, RTFM and others

I have the same TCPMP problems you reported so I bought coreplayer.
Both have the same random crashes usually within 5 minutes. sometimes pink "blocks" on the screen.

Have you been able to get either working.

Anyones help would be gretly appreciated.

send crash.txt to the developers if you bought it
(it is in the \my documents folder)
 Top of the page
louisofengland Page Icon Posted 2010-07-18 12:06 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

May be of interest but I have the Asus 701 and the Asus 901. I then bought (not quite sure why) one of the generic Chinese 7 inch smartbooks at around £50. The similarity to the non cam Asus 700 is very evident, I do like this nameless CE6.0 smartbook though, its very useable, and fairly fast, but not of course as much as the two Asus models. The 901 with the Atom processor will of course totally outclass it. It copes with IE. MSN. Skype, YoTube well but unlike the Asus (s?) will not support live TV (catchup tv) and of course both of the Asus machines have cams for video chats. So all in all I like these Chinese machines ... BUT ... a second hand 701 would not be much more than one, and I would tend to go for that at around £80 or less. The Chinese machine is both smaller and lighter than the Asuses (or whatever?)
That said if pennies are important and a cam and using live TV are not important do get the Chinese machine. Its a bit quirky but does things quite well. And thank God at last a non bloated Microsoft OS!
 Top of the page
oggy1962 Page Icon Posted 2010-09-12 12:51 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

RTFM - 2010-04-27 3:58 AM

Thanks for the info on powder.

I wont be adding to my zipfile anymore. Just wanted to make it a bit easier for people having issues installing software to have some stuff to play with. My main goal is to hack the bootloader on my tinybook so i can boot ARM Ubuntu from SD card and flash Android to nand. Once that happens.. goodbye CE6!

If you dont mind paying for software, morphgear (non free) works well on my tinybook and supports nes/snes/gameboy/sega genesis, master system and game gear/turbogfx16. I also just tried the CE port of comeback64 (free commodore 64 emulator) and it works perfectly. PocketDOS also works great (non free) and displays fullscreen.

A lot of winmobile software works flawlessly also. I got conduits pocket artist installed (non free), coreplayer (non free), snes9x (free), warfare inc (demo), tank ace 1944 (non free), par 3 golf (non free) and loads more working. Just takes some trial and error. Some stuff works out of the box, some need missing .dll's added and some just plain don't work at all. That's part of the fun?

Cheers.

dude does comeback64 work on the chinese wince computer ? coz i cant get it to work, i puts the combeback64 files on a sd memory card and put it into my wince computer and run setup but all i see is a error popup. can u help ? cheers
 Top of the page
radams36 Page Icon Posted 2010-11-27 5:05 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I'm not having any luck finding the H/PC 2000 version of MAMECE - anyone have a working link?

Thanks!

Richard
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-11-27 6:45 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Good question. The link on Handheld Attitude seems to be dead, and even archive.org appears to lead to a dead end. The Pocket PC version will also work, however:

http://mamece3.mameworld.info/
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2010-11-27 12:39 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Actually I had no problem downloading it from the Wayback Machine here:

http://web.archive.org/web/20060114225438/http://www.johnlomax.com/720.htm
 Top of the page
Chuck E Page Icon Posted 2010-11-29 5:20 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I have a 7-inch CE6 netbook, and am on the verge of getting a 10.2-inch model (in white!)...this is GREAT news!

Edited by Chuck E 2010-11-29 5:21 AM
 Top of the page
gjcoram Page Icon Posted 2010-12-04 1:26 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

RTFM - 2010-04-24 5:40 PM

I'm actually uploading another updated zipfile. Will make a new post when it's done. More games added, working skype, working skyfire browser and other stuff. It'll be about 105mb.

Way cool! I'm going to have to spend hours trying all this stuff out!

(I was also pleased to find nPOPuk bundled in there. )
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.25 - Cached queries : 44 - Executed queries : 33