x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

RGB_Gamer Page Icon Posted 2010-04-11 10:49 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I have a SmartQ V7, which runs Windows Embedded CE 6.0

I have already tried Microsoft Reader on it (after editing the cab file with WinCE CAB manager), but i get a memory error (0x8007000e).

Anyone else know how to read Microsoft LIT ebooks on WinCE Embedded 6.0 ?

I don't want to have to convert my LIT collection (converted LIT files don't display the same way after being converted, and depending on the software converter (calibre is what I would use), many features are lost. I have already asked this question in the SmartQ forums with no success and done an extensive search on google.

Top of the page
mscdex Page Icon Posted 2010-04-11 2:57 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

I just found that TinyReader works, but it's not free (there is a trial available). To get it to work you'll need to put note_prj.dll and imgdecmp.dll (i used imgdecmp.dll-xscale) from cmonex's site in the same directory as TinyReader. I tried several free .LIT ebooks from fictionwise and they seemed to load just fine.

Edited by mscdex 2010-04-11 2:58 PM
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2010-04-11 7:09 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Hmmm, you might want to try a different version of MS Reader. I installed version 2.4, build 5070 on my Augen eGo, and it installs and works perfectly. Here is a screenshot of the main screen and then one of the book opened (book in .lit format)

You will have to activate the software manually, but Henri has complete instructions in his HPC MS Reader download on his site at Handheld Attitude. Screenshots, btw, are taken using SOTI Pocket Controller...it also works with my Augen eGo.

(pc_capture2.jpg)

(pc_capture1.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments pc_capture2.jpg (35KB - 0 downloads)
Attachments pc_capture1.jpg (83KB - 0 downloads)
 Top of the page
mscdex Page Icon Posted 2010-04-11 8:20 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Rich: how much storage RAM do you have free on your eGo? Is the slider adjustable?

On the SmartQ, the memory slider is not adjustable and from my experience it's not possible to free up additional storage RAM. My theory is it is trying to write to the storage RAM on program startup (at least the first run), it runs out of space, and gives up with the out of memory error.

Edited by mscdex 2010-04-11 8:24 PM
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2010-04-11 10:22 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Yeah, the slider is adjustable. It shows that I have 76696kb of program memory and 300kb storage. I have it pretty far to the left.

But even if you can't install it into the system ram, I wonder if you could install it and run it from the memory card...
 Top of the page
mscdex Page Icon Posted 2010-04-11 11:19 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Rich Hawley - 2010-04-11 5:22 PM

Yeah, the slider is adjustable. It shows that I have 76696kb of program memory and 300kb storage. I have it pretty far to the left.

But even if you can't install it into the system ram, I wonder if you could install it and run it from the memory card...

Well, since the SmartQ WinCE 6.0 image is booted from SD, there's really only one place to put it (unless you run it from a USB flash drive, which I have also tried). I currently have tried explicitly installing the CAB as well as extracting the CAB manually and running it that way. Both result in the same error.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 44 - Executed queries : 30