x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Some questions: Input Panel & Network

nigelmercier Page Icon Posted 2010-04-16 7:22 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

Some questions regarding my Chinese CE Version 6 device (CCE):

[1] There is an icon in the system tray for an on-screen keyboard named "Input Panel" (also an icon for this in CP). I can't see any use for this, can it be removed? Nothing in the StartUp folder, and I can't find a RUN key in the registry. Also nothing in CP | Remove Programs.

[2] I've connected to my wireless router, and can connect to the Internet. But the CCE can't see any other computers on the network, and they can't see the CCE. Mind you, I can't find a Workgroup setting, or how to share folders!

Edited by nigelmercier 2010-04-16 7:35 PM
 Top of the page
Dana Page Icon Posted 2010-04-16 7:50 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

2. The CE6 device can't browse to any network shares, but you can explicitly type in the location (e.g. \\server\share) of a shared network resource. I haven't tried to go the other way (look at folders on the minibook from elsewhere on the network).

1. Can't help there.. Likely it's a feature that was enabled when the OS build was complied by your device maker, I don't have it on mine. I'd guess it's a dll that's enabled by some registry key. Did you search the registry for "Input Panel"?

-Dana
 Top of the page
nigelmercier Page Icon Posted 2010-04-16 11:18 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

I tried typing the share name, and it prompted for a username and password, then opened a blank window. What next?

You can search in RegEdit on CE? I couldn't find a Search or Find command.
 Top of the page
Dana Page Icon Posted 2010-04-17 1:31 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I don't know, it works fine for me, though the only shared resource I've yet tried to access is one where the permissions are set for "everyone".

The PHM tools regedit in the programs zipfile RTFM posted in this thread has a search function.

-Dana
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-04-17 2:28 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

There is a little utility called HideTray/ShowTray that can hide the whole system tray if you want it out of the way:

Attachments
----------------
Attachments HideTray.zip (1KB - 0 downloads)
 Top of the page
nigelmercier Page Icon Posted 2010-04-17 10:10 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

Dana - 2010-04-17 1:31 AM
The PHM tools regedit in the programs zipfile RTFM posted in this thread has a search function.

Cool, thank you. I'll try it out when I get my device back online (more problems).
 Top of the page
nigelmercier Page Icon Posted 2010-04-17 11:08 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

Update: Found out more about Input Panel, AKA SIP: here
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 11