x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Wireless Network: Failed to associate ...

1 2 3
ghwmd1
ghwmd1 Page Icon Posted 2010-06-20 5:56 PM
#
adapter is a great idea except they are all 54Mbps and my old D-Link router runs at 108

Top of the page
NotYetRegistered
NotYetRegistered Page Icon Posted 2010-06-21 1:50 AM
#
The 802.11b/g/n also will work on the smartbook. I cannot verify that /n will work though --- my router is only /g.
The 802.11b/g/n usb adapter comes with a mini cd with windows ce 6.0 software. The cost is a bit more then the /g model.
 Top of the page
ruy.teixeira Page Icon Posted 2010-08-12 5:53 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hello everyone.How do you do?
I got a 7" netbook wince 6.0 mainboard WM8505 through a seller , and it's has a problem about Wi-Fi and the seller can't solve me.He told me to send back the netbook to China, but I wouldn't like do it..
So the problem is, when I turn on the Wi-Fi through the WiFi Power in desktop nothing happening (no tray icon, no Wifi).
My Wifi adaptor is a RT2070 from RaLink.Someone can't help?
Thanks
 Top of the page
NotRegistered
NotRegistered Page Icon Posted 2010-09-10 1:43 AM
#
Yeah I am having the same issue with my WaBook. I think it somehow got corrupted by a wifi sniffer I uploaded

By the way, any one recommend a good site to download virus-free applications for WinCe??

Thanks
..and no I am not gonna sniff for Wifi again
 Top of the page
technogeist2k9 Page Icon Posted 2010-09-10 7:58 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Did you try MiniStumbler? (The CE version of NetStumbler)

It works for me.
 Top of the page
Dana Page Icon Posted 2010-09-10 1:20 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

For CE apps search this forum for posts about RTFM's zipfile. It contains just about every free or shareware app that's known to work on CE5 or 6 (including Sniffi, a wifi sniffer that works quite well even if the interface is a bit odd).

Viruses aren't a problem with CE.
 Top of the page
nsa32000
nsa32000 Page Icon Posted 2010-09-14 2:26 AM
#
You are lucky, you were connected. In my case, I have no success. Tried to DOS mode to see what's in ipconfig and it just wink at me and went back to default display. This chinese netbook I received from a very "popular" internet marketing company is a piece of trash. It doesn't have a name so I can look for an update of its driver.

I guess I got what I paid for...

Umm, some Chinese technology challenging the US?

na32000
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2010-09-14 1:11 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

CE doesn't have ipconfig. Download vxUtil from cambridgevx.com, it fills in the gap.
 Top of the page
Pixi
Pixi Page Icon Posted 2010-09-23 6:19 PM
#
C:Amie - 2010-09-14 1:11 PM

CE doesn't have ipconfig. Download vxUtil from cambridgevx.com, it fills in the gap.

Yes they have...
Run - cmd - ipconfig /all

Show all network adapters and configuration
 Top of the page
otoluk
otoluk Page Icon Posted 2010-09-23 10:09 PM
#
run ndisconfig command and see if you can rebind the adapter. And see if all registry keys are correct and there is linkage between rt2870 and rt28701

[ H K E Y _ L O C A L _ M A C H I N E \ C o m m \ R T 2 8 7 0 ]

" D i s p l a y N a m e " = " R T 2 8 7 0 b / g / n W i r e l e s s L A N D r i v e r "

" G r o u p " = " N D I S "

" I m a g e P a t h " = " R T 2 8 7 0 . d l l "

[ H K E Y _ L O C A L _ M A C H I N E \ C o m m \ R T 2 8 7 0 \ L i n k a g e ]

" R o u t e " = m u l t i _ s z : " R T 2 8 7 0 1 " , " "
 Top of the page
CRISTIANO
CRISTIANO Page Icon Posted 2010-10-22 1:00 AM
#
nigelmercier - 2010-04-17 10:27 AM

I was using my Chinese CE Netbook last night (is there a preferred acronym for these?), it was working fine, then later I shut it down. I started it up this morning and tried to connect to my wireless AP. It goes through Scanning, Associating etc, then comes back with "Failed to associate with [SSID of router]" then "Not Connected". I've tried it on three APs, same result. Connect fine on a wired connection.

What could the problem be?

Top of the page
radek200 Page Icon Posted 2010-11-13 7:16 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I own a 99 dollar Sylvania netbook, which is essentially the same Chinese netbook. My netbook's wifi failed to connect to my router from time to time. Sylvania created a patch to address this issue. It can be found here http://www.digitalgadgets.com/netbooks/update.html I have downloaded the patch and my wifi has beenworking perfectly since. I hope this helps.
 Top of the page
gjcoram Page Icon Posted 2010-12-08 1:21 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I got the $99 Sylvania also; loaded the patch that radek200 mentioned, and it seems better, but it still has problems sometimes. Turning the wifi off and then back on again seems to fix it.
 Top of the page
Dana Page Icon Posted 2010-12-08 2:13 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Interesting... I see they also have a fill OS update on the site. Wonder what's in it? Would hate to brick my [non sylvania] chibook though...

I dusted mine off the day before yesterday for the first time in a month or so. Got the "failed to associate" thing, which had happened intermittently before, but now was constant. Tried a variety of settings, nothing worked, until I enabled SSID broadcast in my router (it's always been off before with no problem, but this is a new router). Now it works fine, though last night it disconnected after about an hour and wouldn't reconnect until I restarted the machine.
 Top of the page
Tom M
Tom M Page Icon Posted 2010-12-25 5:59 PM
#
There is a Wifi driver update available in the tech support/customer support area of: www.digitalgadgets.com that may fix your Wifi issues.

Tom M
 Top of the page
1 2 3
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.343 - Cached queries : 43 - Executed queries : 30