x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Wireless Network: Failed to associate ...

1 2 3
Tom M
Tom M Page Icon Posted 2010-12-25 6:02 PM
#
Opps, I see that the Wifi driver is already mentioned. You can also get a complete OS upgrade at that website. Please note you will loose pocket word/wordpad if you install it. There are copys available to replace it floating around on the internet.

Tom M
 Top of the page
dazzyg
dazzyg Page Icon Posted 2011-01-21 10:14 PM
#
A lot of long answers for a short solution. If you can access your router settings, got wireless settings and change the channel your router broadcasts on eg, if it's channel one ' change to six or eleven. Allowed our netbook and new android phone to connect.
PS; Anyone know a flash player that can be downloaded that's better than the pre-installed and is freeware???????
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2011-01-22 1:58 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Check here:

http://hpcmonex.net/izemize.htm

Thanx for the suggestion. It's been mentioned before in other threads here, but it's an additional thing to try when you're unable to connect.
 Top of the page
lucked out
lucked out Page Icon Posted 2011-01-27 12:19 AM
#
I just got lucky and found a solution to get my chinese netbook to connect to my linksys router. I went into the security settings in the router and unchecked this option " Block Anonymous Internet Requests "

The netbook then connected immediately when turned on.

Top of the page
hlwilliams Page Icon Posted 2011-03-30 5:09 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Okay speaking of Sylvania and networks. Has anyone been able to connect to network shares. \\server\shares\ works fine on my Jornada 720 and my Visual Land V-net but the Sylvania gives me a "Bad network path" error.
 Top of the page
hlwilliams Page Icon Posted 2011-03-30 11:04 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

OK never mind I fixed it. Come to find out the Sylvania's have firewall enabled. I turned off the firewall and it WORKS!! yeah!!
 Top of the page
maria
maria Page Icon Posted 2011-04-25 2:37 AM
#
Thanks
 Top of the page
tlgalenson Page Icon Posted 2011-05-02 12:26 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

New Wifi fix. Apparently if nothing else will get you to connect to your home wifi setup and you can connect to other Wifi hotspots you can try running a "fixwifi.exe" available at the yahoo sylvania netbooks files area or get the same results if you apply the "turn off the firewall" registry fixes (which I don't think turn off the firewall) mentioned in the Sylvania SYN thread under this Win CE 6 forum.

I have also just learned that if your router is set to WEP and the "automatically receive password" is checked, it might not connect either. Furthermore your customer will need to know the password if you want to try to put it in manually [Mind didn't so he is going to have to reset the router since he can't get into it either].

Tom M.
 Top of the page
tlgalenson Page Icon Posted 2011-05-11 3:19 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

wronghand - 2010-04-28 5:22 PM

Yes I saw that. Mine has a wifi icon on the desktop. It's on. I have an XP laptop and a Vista desktop both with wifi, no problem. I do feel awkward asking about my no-name smartbook which should be easy! The winCE/6.0 is alittle different with RT28701 as the wifi connection and the GETCE6B1 for the LAN through the control panel. When I, view -internet options - connection, I have a check box for - Use LAN, ok. But what does anyone have for the check box - Use configuration script. With the last choice of - Use a proxy server ???

If this is using the same software that came earlier on the Sylvania Netbook (and you are certainly using the same driver names) there was a "memory leak" in the RT2801 driver that Digitalgadgets.com posted a .CAB file to fix. Since then as a last resort for people who can connect away from home but are having trouble with the home wifi connection a firewall change has been made available to one of the members of the SN Yahoo group. He made it available to us. Its the same firewall changes made available in the "Sylvania Netbook" thread.

Tom M.
 Top of the page
gjcoram Page Icon Posted 2012-05-02 2:06 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I think that RT28701 driver that fixed the memory leak is still buggy. I've been working on adding code to nPOPuk so that it can automatically turn the WiFi on and off. There's an API to request that the network driver (NDIS) notify your application when the adapter is powered on/off or connects/disconnects. The driver doesn't seem to handle this properly. I don't think I've ever gotten a notification. And, even though I properly cancel notification when the program exits, on re-start, the program gets an error when requesting notifications.

Also, on the Sylvania netbook, the WiFi adapter doesn't appear in the list of NDIS devices, if it's powered off, which makes it tricky to know the name of the device you want to power on. I've ended up coding something to grab the wifi device name (when found) and save it in the settings for the program (.ini file).

If anyone is interested in trying this updated nPOPuk out, PM me (or wait a few weeks for the beta to be posted to the "npopsupport" Yahoo! group).
 Top of the page
1 2 3
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.252 - Cached queries : 45 - Executed queries : 27