x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Flashing and SoftMaker Office 2008 in ROM?

nigelmercier Page Icon Posted 2010-04-22 10:12 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

My Chinese H/PC came with a copy of SoftMaker for Pocket PCs of dubious legality. Apart from this being the wrong version, I don't like having pirated software on my computers.

I've now got a legal copy of SoftMaker Office 2008 so I want to remove the original version of SoftMaker Office from the computer. I've already tried a recovery image file (see this thread), so I figure I can just delete the relevant folder: \script\System Disk\Program Files\SoftMaker Office and re-flash.

Question [1]: I realise there may be other settings that won't be removed, any thoughts?

Question [2]: before I re-flash, is there a way to copy my changes to the Desktop and registry etc to the image file?

The instructions for the Office install say "To install the software, copy the CAB files to your Windows CE computer and double-click on them. When you start SoftMaker Office for the first time, you will be asked to input your name, e-mail address and serial number..."

Question [3]: it would be nice to incorporate the new version in the ROM image, is this possible?
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 58 - Executed queries : 9