x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Problem connecting to router

nigelmercier Page Icon Posted 2010-04-23 12:10 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

I'm having a problem connecting my Chinese H/PC to a wireless 3G router. I'm not sure if the issue is with the the H/PC or the router, as I can connect to other APs with the H/PC, but other PCs can connect to the 3G router. Perhaps it's a bit of both. This is the post I made in the support forum for the router:

My Windows CE device has problems connecting to my Solwise NET-3G-3GWIFIMRW router, I often get Authenticated to [SSID] and then Reauthenticating to [SSID] messages popping up. The DHCP server is active, but the netbook lacks a DHCP IP address at this stage (0.0.0.0), or sometimes gets 169.254.100.111.

It's the same even if I load the factory defaults, with no encryption.

I've made another boring video [click here]. It shows my Windows CE netbook connecting to my home AP (SSID South), then failing to connect to the 3G Router (SSID Dolcetto). It connects for an instant near the end of the clip (there were several minutes chopped out before this), then goes back into the authentication loop.

Any suggestions what the Authentication messages mean?

This may be a red-herring, but when I Googled for ["Authenticating" "Windows CE"] most of the topics were about RADIUS servers. The 3G router does have a RADIUS server, but it is off; and I don't know enough about it to configure it.

Edited by nigelmercier 2010-04-23 12:14 AM
 Top of the page
Jacobi Page Icon Posted 2010-05-02 6:26 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

you are using different encryption/authentication modes, are each required for these specific routers?
Have you tried to use AES/WPA2-PSK for the Dolcetto connection?
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 58 - Executed queries : 10