x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Tinybook support only

« Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... Next »
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2011-11-01 11:01 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Simply use one of the many HPC2000 database tools and copy the existing database and then restore it to the T706. Some the the PIM utilities create their own database and you can import your Jornada's database as well...such as CEPims. Or you could simply install something like Pocket Onschedule and use those database files also.
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2011-11-01 11:12 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
Hi, Rich,

Many thanks for the quick reply. I have looked and installed several database tools, but I can't find one that will actually copy a contacts database to a directory (say, on a cf card). The apps I have only seem to have an option for deleting said database.

Which database app would you recommend?

Also, if I have the database ready to copy over to the TinyBook, do I have to make a directory called "databases"? [I don't find this directory in TinyBook] Where would I make this directory?

And last, will CEPIMS simply open this contacts database? Or should I jiggle another handle somewhere?

Thanks again,
Jake
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2011-11-01 11:47 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

If you are using the desktop Outlook, the simplest thing would be to export the data into a comma delimited file and then to import it to which ever PIM software you decide to use.

DBAdministrator will open your database files and then allow you to export them as CSV, or XML files.

HPCDBexplorer will do the same thing, also allow sending via infrared to another device or to backup the db file

Now that I think of it, CEPims doesn't allow for data import I don't believe, but Gemini Pims does...

Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2011-11-01 11:53 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

My apologies, I haven't been clear. What I would like to do is take the existing contacts database in my J-720, for example, copy that over to TinyBook and open it in CEPIMS.

Is that possible?

I'm sorry not have been clearer,
Jake
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2011-11-01 1:27 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Not that I know of...CEPims, if I remember correctly, doesn't allow import of data files.
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2011-11-01 1:55 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Doesn't CEPIMS simply open the Pocket Outlook databases and make them its own? It calls it "tcontacts" or something.

Moot point, however, if there is no way to pull Contacts from /databases in the J-720. Stgviewer will look at a backup made in ActiveSync, and extract anything *except* a database

Jake
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2011-11-01 6:30 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

cePIMS uses its own databases. I have the GEMini PIM suite working on my TinyBook, though I do have some issues with the Calendar app, so I use CE Agenda, which works nicely. (You need the H/PC 2000 versions of mfcce300.dll and olece300.dll, of course.) The PIM Today app from Microsoft's Handheld PC Professional Plus! Pack also does the job.

I sync it with ActiveSync 3.8, and it usually recognizes the TinyBook, though once or twice it would only connect as a "Guest." Some backup programs (EzBackup and bSquare bUSEFUL Backup come to mind) can back up the PIM databases (and the cePIMS databases) and restore them to another device. I've done this successfully with more than one device; however, recurring appointments get dumped.
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2011-11-01 6:49 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Many thanks, CE Geek, for weighing in on this vexing problem.

I did not know that CE Agenda would work in TinyBook. Wonderful news. On the downside, with AS 4.5, I've had no luck w/ TinyBook and desktop sync--in fact, I think I mispoke earlier: I get no connection at all, not even as guest. I get the USB trying to connect deal on the TB side, and nothing on the desktop side. Upon retry, with AS desktop doing the "get connected" deal, I get no response on either side. I need AS 4.5 for my winmo phone, so can't go to AS 3.8.

Have you any luck with TB and AS 4.5?

edit: upon rebooting the TB with usb cable connection to desktop, I get a "Connected, but cannot verify version of ActiveSync" But that's all I get and no further tries at connection even generate this error.
Jake

Edited by Jake 2011-11-01 7:02 PM
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2011-11-01 9:08 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Jake, you did install the Tinybook USB drivers on the desktop first, didn't you?
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2011-11-02 5:07 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Awkward silence... No, I didn't. I was unaware of them, or their need. Oh, dear. A brief look w/in HPCFactor shows the TB manual but no further download. Can you point me to their presence on the web?

Thanks,
Jake
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2011-11-02 8:19 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Wait, are they:

wceusbsh.sys
wceusbsh.inf
secusb2.inf
secusb2.sys

If so, then I did install them on XP Pro SP3/ActiveSync 4.5 and further testing shows them to "be working properly" Hmmm. Will try to reinstall them and see what happens.

Jake
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2011-11-02 10:12 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

No joy so far. CE Geek, from Rich's site, I downloaded Gemini PIMs, installed in on the sd card in TB, but none of the exe's will open. Do I need some extra dlls?

Jake
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2011-11-02 4:25 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

They require mfcce400.dll.
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2011-11-02 4:35 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Many thanks for the tip. I don't own a CE 4.* device, but I got said dll from cmonex's site. Still can't start the app either on J-720 or TinyBook. Any ideas why?

Jake
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2011-11-02 5:47 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Sorry - wasn't sure offhand if it also needs olece400.dll. Just checked my TinyBook and saw that it does.
 Top of the page
« Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.285 - Cached queries : 55 - Executed queries : 27