x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Tinybook support only

« Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next »
Jake Page Icon Posted 2011-11-11 6:59 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
Thanks again for posting back. I followed your lead and while I was able to get the CE Agenda Net file to install in flash drive (CEAgenda_CE_NET_ENG), my appointments would not come up. Though, this time, I could *make* new appointments. I have the same issue with CEPIMS--the Contacts work fine, but the appts in Calendar are a no-show. All is not lost, since appts show themselves in GeMini-PIMS. But the week view of CE Agenda can't be beat, as we all know

Jake
 Top of the page
shawnnkushh Page Icon Posted 2011-11-12 5:09 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

As stated before, the TinyBook has practically no support what so ever, so im coming to this forum for help. I have a t706 with all the proper specs, but im having issues, it used to work, but now all i get when i plug the charger in is a red light, which when i press the power button, sometimes turns green randomly, but the screen will not respond, so i have no idea what is wrong. ive never dropped it, nor have i installed to many items to it(i keep it simple) so im not sure what to do. any help would be greatly appreciated, a quick answer would be great because the "S" key on this laptop has to be pounded on to work, which is really annoying. if possible, email me at (Edited: Violaton rule $10) with t706 as a subject.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2011-11-12 9:39 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Disconnect the keyboard, unplug the battery, and restart with a/c adapter only and see what happens...
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2011-11-13 2:50 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

I was quite surprised to find that my HandBase data app (ppc) will run on the J-720 with Redgear and the proper dlls in the HandBase directory. Full screen, even.

Will it do the same in my TinyBook? Can Redgear work on Windows CE 6?

Jake
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2011-11-13 5:17 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Why would you need RedGear on a CE 6 device? Just putting in the needed DLLs should be sufficient.
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2011-11-13 5:28 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

I may be barking up the wrong tree, then. I copied over the HandBase directory (with the dlls) that runs successfully on the J-720, but got nothing on the TinyBook.

I perused some HandBase forums and found that the app won't run unless on a PPC layer. And since RedGear shows up in HandBase when I start the app in the J-720, I assumed I needed RedGear on the TinyBook as well.

Jake
 Top of the page
CAuser Page Icon Posted 2011-11-14 6:16 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

Hey, one of my password-protected TB's shows the previous owner's phone number. I called the number twice yesterday and left messages requesting the password. The lady kindly returned my calls and provided a possible password. I tried it with a few variations. Finally,I hit the mark. Bingo!
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2011-11-14 1:38 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Sherlock Holmes comes through again!
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2011-11-14 8:16 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

BTW CAuser, I have one with a password on it as well and have tried eveything I could think of...no go. I even went and looked up the most common 1000 passwords. Seems to be a toss-up whether you use a cuss word or you use a biblical reference....

Anyways, I didn't get anywhere after entering passwords for over an hour or so. I sure wish I knew what the Tinybook was looking for when it attempts a system update off the SD card....sure would be nice if it was looking for one of those hidden .hv files to upload and overwrite an existing one...and that was where the password was stored or something...
 Top of the page
CAuser Page Icon Posted 2011-11-14 10:39 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Yeah, without a clue, it's impossible to guess the password. I was simply lucky in 3 areas: previous owner's phone number, I was willing to try my luck to see if the owner would respond, and the possible password I got was close to the real one. I tried to check \pocketmory and found no .hv files. Oh, my friend suggested I should buy a lottery ticket. Yes, I bought Superlotto Plus for Wednesday.

I found one interesting thing: A TB refuses to connect to the Internet thru domain name (www.google.com) but connects to Google's IP address. It shows Google for Mobile. If I click Classic, then the page became invalid. It does not necessarily connects to every IP address.

Also, IE's Internet Options provides 3 choices for User Agent: Same as Pocket PC, Same as Windows XP, and Same as Windows XP. The last two are exactly the same. Did MS or O-Digital make the mistake? Maybe, other TB users can test it and report.

Edited by CAuser 2011-11-14 10:51 PM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2011-11-15 7:46 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Not sure what you're talking about, CAuser. My TinyBook connects to Web pages fine when the domain name of each page is entered.
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2011-11-15 8:03 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Yes, my TB is fine with domain names as well. Didn't GodMedia have a couple of machines with this dilemma? I remember him exploring it in this thread.

Jake
 Top of the page
CAuser Page Icon Posted 2011-11-15 5:50 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Jake & CE Geek: I have more than 1 TB. My good one connects wirelessly to the Internet thru domain name as it should. My other one has this strange issue: Domain name won't work. Some IP addresses (not every IP) work. Obviously, the issue is related to DNS (Domain Name Service). It does not sound a hardware issue as the same DNS server (DSL modem/router) works with both TB's. Plus, both TB's wireless adapter get correct IP addresses thru DHCP.

Edited by CAuser 2011-11-15 6:39 PM
 Top of the page
CAuser Page Icon Posted 2011-11-15 7:39 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

This manual says bootloader and image are bootcepc.cnf and nk.bin. Other CE 6.0 devices may use the same names.
http://advantech.vo.llnwd.net/o35/www/ess/downloads/Advantech%20Windows%20CE%206.0%20Manual.pdf
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2011-11-15 7:43 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

I have a small, and untestable, theory about this. I think it's in the registry, just as the registry is responsible for my TB's inability to connect to ActiveSync. These are second-hand machines, perhaps from the same organization, and they may have been tinkered with in ways we don't know.

CAuser, since you're clearly on a roll with your previous owner, you should call her back and get the number for their IT office. Maybe the department regedit-ed something they should've have.
Jake
 Top of the page
« Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.191 - Cached queries : 72 - Executed queries : 9