x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Tinybook support only

« Prev ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »
Dylano* Page Icon Posted 2012-02-09 11:31 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

hmmm... well hopefully someone can figure out the fix soon, I'd really like to mess around with my tinybook.
To bad a simple reinstall of the OS is impossible!
I wonder what would happen if you took the nand flash card out and installed it in a laptops ddr2 ram slot... hmmm
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2012-02-10 1:51 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Interesting info attached....helps to understand the pocketmory file layout on these Tinybooks.

Attachments
----------------
Attachments CE6 Installation Guide.pdf (2397KB - 13 downloads)
Attachments Samsung Pocketmory Porting Guide info.pdf (2011KB - 26 downloads)
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2012-02-10 2:01 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
Rich, where on earth did you find this stuff? Seems amazing to me that there is so much documentation and so few files/OS images. I don't own one, but I subscribe to the Sylvania CE 6 yahoo news group (it's run by the very helpful Tom who is a member of this forum, I believe) and even this CVS-drugstore model has restore images.

Somebody at Samsung is sitting on a drove of stuff...

Great stuff, thanks for posting it. Does it put you any closer as to why one of your machines isn't persistent b/w boots?

Jake
 Top of the page
Dylano* Page Icon Posted 2012-02-10 5:12 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

WOW, that is a TON of info...
I just glanced at it so far, and will look at it more thoroughly later when I have time.
THANKS SO MUCH RICH!
I might need help understanding what I'm looking at though :/ HA
 Top of the page
CAuser Page Icon Posted 2012-02-11 10:16 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Dylano* - 2012-02-09 2:54 PM

Well the driver would get me farther than I am right now, so an upload would be appreciated!
Rich, have you made any sort of progress on your infinitely loading tinybook?
I read the posts about getting past the password via "tricking" it with an SD card.
Any luck with the frozen boot one?

Attached are the drivers from my TB's Flash Driver\USB Driver.

Edited by CAuser 2012-02-11 10:19 PM

Attachments
----------------
Attachments secusb2.inf (1KB - 5 downloads)
Attachments secusb2.sys (10KB - 4 downloads)
Attachments wceusbsh.inf (62KB - 5 downloads)
Attachments wceusbsh.sys (28KB - 4 downloads)
 Top of the page
Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2012-02-12 8:00 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

>Seems amazing to me that there is so much documentation and so few files/OS images.

Rich uploaded documents for general components of Samsung developer kits including SMDK6410 which was very popular.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2012-02-13 3:19 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

I'm just trying to teach myself how all this persistent folder, NAND partition stuff works. While I may not be able to flash an image to the Tinybook, seems that it couldn't be that difficult to change the registry to allow all folders to be visible and persistent...
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2012-02-13 4:02 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Hey, Rich, which TB is vexing you: the one with the hold-the-left-trackpad-button to flash or the other hold-both-track-buttons to USB prompt?

I wonder if that has something to do w/ it.

Jake
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2012-02-13 6:13 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Neither of those...a working one. I have used the storage manager in the control panel and wiped out the drives, I've reformatted them, I've hard reset the device and it do its thing.

What I want to do is figure out how to make a folder persistent like it should be. My Pocketmory folder, my Flash Driver folder, and my System Disk folder who up fine, but anything I copy to them is deleted when I power down, just like any other folder on the device. I would like to learn how to make every folder persistent and not be deleted when I power down.

I figure it has something to do with the system.hv or the default.hv or the user.hv file since that is where the registry is stored from what I read. But I'm not sure...this is so foreign to me...this advance registry stuff.

Sure wish I had access to the boot.hv in rom to see what it has in it...
 Top of the page
kamzz Page Icon Posted 2012-03-31 10:20 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hello guys.
Is alive somebody?
can you give me original ROM image from yours devices, please.
I have one brick t706 and dont know what to do or how update it.
sorry for my English I from Russia
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2012-03-31 1:11 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Sorry, kamzz, no ROM available, not here, not anywhere. We're all looking for the same thing

Jake
 Top of the page
wm9162547196@gmail.c Page Icon Posted 2013-09-20 3:23 PM
#
Avatar image of wm9162547196@gmail.c
H/PC Newbie

hey I have a tiny book t706 also. I think I may have found some help. Microsoft is coming out with a new program called System Center. it gives you the ability to control the right filters which bug out the memory. and thus possibly locking the password so you can change it. however with System Center you're supposed to be able to turn those white filters on and not be able to edit them. as performance and earlier you should read all documentation possible on Windows Embedded CE 6.0. I have been browsing through it myself and I found a number of interesting items. somewhere in that documentation is the key to our problems. and thus we might solve them. just a little bit extra on myself. I've been doing computers for over 35 years. I have my own consulting business. I also do phones
 Top of the page
« Prev ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.281 - Cached queries : 67 - Executed queries : 13