x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Netbook pro issue

1 2
mr-mac Page Icon Posted 2010-05-26 7:10 PM
#
H/PC Elder

None but thought if you move the driver dll's for card onto sd and use a loader path to point at the sd location.

No reason to think it will work but thought it may be worth a try.

John
 Top of the page
Slycarter Page Icon Posted 2010-05-27 2:44 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I'll have a try.

Somehow, it is very strange that nobody had similar issues maybe with different programs.
We should listen Isotherm opinion, maybe he has a solution.
 Top of the page
mr-mac Page Icon Posted 2010-05-27 2:55 PM
#
H/PC Elder

I have similar issue with prism wi-fi card on sig3... if redgear is on and wi-fi is left plugged in when I press power button it seems to go into standby but run down battery so I guess stays active in some way.

Seem to remember similar happens with gps cf card (though it may have been if I enable redgear I needed to remove and re-insert - quite a while ago so not 100% on this one)
 Top of the page
Slycarter Page Icon Posted 2010-05-27 10:53 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Dlls relocation seems to work. I had some test and everything worked ok.

So, ACGPRS.DLL was the problem at last. Why is unknow to me!!
 Top of the page
mr-mac Page Icon Posted 2010-05-28 8:30 AM
#
H/PC Elder

No idea why...

However my thought is.... With my gps card if I turn on redgear with card in slot it stops card working but if I turn on redgear then insert card all is fine. The loader path may just change the timing of the driver loading so it comes active after redgear on soft re-set.

Now remember this loader path is a really good thing. You can move any .exe or .dll that any software installs in the windows directory to this directory (I did it on the Sig3 - all my socket drivers, wi-fi drivers, and any other dll installed by apps and got 8.5mb more free ram). maybe not such a big issue on netbook but CE seems to run faster if there is not too much installed on the internal ram. (if you move any .exe files from windows directory you may need to edit any start menu shortcuts but other than that the loader patch does the rest).

John

Edited by mr-mac 2010-05-28 8:30 AM
 Top of the page
Jacobi Page Icon Posted 2010-06-02 7:12 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Just getting to this topic - please tell me what is Redgear?
Also, what version of Opera are you running on your Netbook Pro?

did you check if you have a low-battery problem?
(this problem could occur at some point while things were OK before, since the battery is a consumable)
Have you tried to use it on AC adapter, did this change anything to your issue?
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-06-02 9:19 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Top of the page
Slycarter Page Icon Posted 2010-06-02 9:20 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

i had Problem also with ac adapter plugged. Surely it is some incomatibility with Redgear.

Relocating dlls worked it out but it did not worked at first telling me it could not communicate wth device untill I discovered that relocating dlls on Storage Card instead SD Card resolved. Maybe Sd Card is to slow!!
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 10