x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Netbook pro issue

1 2
Slycarter Page Icon Posted 2010-05-03 8:38 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I am using my Netbook pro from quite a long time now with the same profile (programs installed) and till now it has worked well.
After a hard reset and a profile backup I reinstalled 3g wathcer for sierra Aircard 850 and everything seem to run without problem.

Issue pops out when I close the Netbook, in fact the red light that turns on for a while every time you close it telling that system is shutting down remains lit and even if I open the lid again the system does not turn on. In other words it is stucked and I have to remove main battery to reset it.

I am not sure the problem is 3g watcher beacuse I used to have it installed before (but not included in the backed up profile).

Did anyone has the same issue?

Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-05-03 9:04 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

The red light indicates that the device is saving changes to the persistent registry before suspending. Sometimes mine stays lit for over a minute, but that's rare. Maybe there's some conflict that's causing it to get stuck on a registry entry. How long was it staying lit on your NBP, Slycarter?
 Top of the page
Slycarter Page Icon Posted 2010-05-04 8:08 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

It never lights off. This happens after I install 3g watcher for Sierra aircard and GAPI. Is it possible that one of those two programs gives the issue?
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-05-04 8:27 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Dunno. I have both on mine, but don't have this issue. Only way to know is to uninstall both and see if the problem recurs.
 Top of the page
Slycarter Page Icon Posted 2010-05-05 7:24 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Reinstalled everything from scratch without loading the profile. It seems to work now.
 Top of the page
Slycarter Page Icon Posted 2010-05-05 10:00 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Having issue again...and I am using always same programs.

How can I find the registry entry that is causing the problem and correct it?
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-05-05 10:10 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Did you try just uninstalling the two programs you mentioned above?
 Top of the page
Slycarter Page Icon Posted 2010-05-06 2:25 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Yes I didi. but the problem resides with 3g watcher installation that is in conflict with something else (infact if I uninstall it the problem ceases).

The wierd thing is that I had not this kind of problem before instead now it pops out suddenly.
Somehow, installing from scratch i had no problems till but they appeared after Redgear and Opera installation.
I made some test and tried to relocate acgprs.dll to Storage Card and in fact the problem vanished but Sierra card is not recognized automatically and I am prompted for driver name.

So, I think the problem is with that dll (in fact when I insert the card it says network refused) but I can't understand with what it is in conflict.
 Top of the page
Slycarter Page Icon Posted 2010-05-09 8:56 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Noticed that if I don't perform a soft reset everything works fine but if I do the issue comes again.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-05-09 11:04 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Use the software reboot (\Windows\warmboot.exe) when possible and see if you get the same results. (Using the reset pinhole button does not retain changes made to the persistent registry since the previous boot.)
 Top of the page
Slycarter Page Icon Posted 2010-05-10 1:50 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I
have
only
used
warmboot
to
reset.
 Top of the page
Slycarter Page Icon Posted 2010-05-12 5:35 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Help please!!!!
Is there a way to reset the persistent registry that hard reset can't?
Maybe the problem resides there.
 Top of the page
Slycarter Page Icon Posted 2010-05-26 1:39 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Maybe I have discovered the problem.
I made a fresh installation of 3g wathcer for Sierra Aircard 850 after a hard reset.
Everything was well working then I installed Redgear and here the still red light comes again. I think that Redagear is the problem. Maybe the installation replacing of some dlls causes some sort of conflict. Is there a way to work it out without uninstalling Redgear?
 Top of the page
mr-mac Page Icon Posted 2010-05-26 2:07 PM
#
H/PC Elder

if relocating driver to SD works you could maybe try adding a loader path in the registry to location on SD and see if works any better like that

http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=10686&start=1&highlight=loader+path&highlightmode=1
 Top of the page
Slycarter Page Icon Posted 2010-05-26 5:15 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Which files should I relocate?

Then, do you have Redagear and 3g watcher both installed? Any problems?
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 72 - Executed queries : 9