x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

java for arm windows 4.2

Grasshopper Page Icon Posted 2010-05-08 9:23 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

I'm about to sell this NEC mobilepro900 but before I do, I want to try and get a jvm running and see what it can do online.

I found this, anyone ever tried to use this before? Or know of any good ones that can run applets.
http://www.nsicom.com/

I play what some would call the most nerdiest game in the world, on and off... I know... it's sad lol but it would be fun on an hpc with a touchscreen.
http://www.runescape.com/title.ws?nosplash=1 <---- newer version( No way this would run on it, I'm 100% sure, just a reference)

http://www.rsclegacy.com <--- a private version of it's original form that still runs for free, this is old school MUD based graphics.(This has potential to run)

I'm not asking you to dl it and make a character, but just by google searching runescape classic and looking at screen shots it just baffles me that I even have to ask this question, would running this on a NEC mobile pro 900 with java be possible? It is hard to find a similar program to compare this too...

People have been telling me no way, but no one is obviously trying it out or giving me serious answers.(Not too many people with windows ce 4.2.net who play runescape, catch my drift? Oxymoron would be the word )
The old version is as simple as a SNES or gameboy advance game, the system I have exceeds all the min req's besides java.
I am not the only one vexed, I see this question asked a whole lot, even fixya had no response.....

BTW I ran this game originally in like 1999 with an IBM with 56k and windows 95, and never had a problem, I have not found a game to date that is more addictive... at least in my tragically skewed head, maybe diablo 2 lod?
 Top of the page
nathanpc Page Icon Posted 2010-05-09 1:59 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I don't know if this will help you to go online with the JVM, but try pJava or the Kaffe VM Port.

Hope this helps!
 Top of the page
Grasshopper Page Icon Posted 2010-05-09 4:41 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

ty will do
 Top of the page
Grasshopper Page Icon Posted 2010-05-11 2:22 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

Looks as though these programs deal more with servlets rather than applets, but its more than Creme does and you have to pay for it.. I'm beginning to think this isn't possible on this device, sad because it could so easily run it with a working jvm considering it's overall hardware and connection speed. I guess it just proves how genius java is to begin with... although, be it overlooked in CE devices altogether... thanks again microsoft... pinch another penny for me....
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 10