x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

problem with win ce in laptop

1 2
computerland Page Icon Posted 2010-05-17 10:53 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

hi all i'm new here...i have a mini laptop that have os windows ce have 3 port usb 2 for mouse and keyboard and 1 for connect with active sync...
my problem is that i try to install activesync in that laptop but all version are no compatible with win ce...so what i must do connect my pc with xp where is active sync installed and connect trought usb cable m/m to my laptop for send program??

i don't found program for that windows ce...the usb port don't work for connect external dvd or pen drive....and exe file don't start....how i do???
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2010-05-17 11:07 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Good question.

What files are needed on the notebook for Activesync to work, and in which folder must they be installed. Also what registry changes need to be inserted if any?
 Top of the page
Alt Bass
Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2010-05-17 11:13 AM
#
ActiveSync should be alady installed onto your laptop.

Do you try to connect to PC using rear port? Can you clarify what you said about DVD?
 Top of the page
computerland Page Icon Posted 2010-05-17 11:14 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

i want change operating system from win ce to linux i want try to install wubi but it's .exe and tha laptop don't reconogize the extension file with win ce...
i try to put in sd and past but don't work...

if i want see video in internet the web ask to me that i must install new version of java or flash player....i try to search and install but isn't for win ce
if i create a new folder and change desktop image and turn of the laptop when i reboot these things disappear

i see this website that i found in manual of laptop http://www.cnmlifestyle.com/ and in download area i see that i can download system restore but i don't know the version....i
 Top of the page
Alt Bass
Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2010-05-17 11:17 AM
#
Sorry for double posting, fixing the post.

ActiveSync should be already installed onto your laptop (you should launch \windows\repplog.exe for connection).

Do you try to connect to PC using rear port?
 Top of the page
computerland Page Icon Posted 2010-05-17 11:30 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

yes i try to use with rear port external dvd but i can't use becouse laptop no reconogize as d:
now i see if i have this file in windows for connection
 Top of the page
computerland Page Icon Posted 2010-05-17 2:58 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

i try to click on repplog.exe and open a window with that: CONNECTION NOT VALID....cannot start comunications with desktop computer. Unable to open the connection "desktop@19200". this connection is not valid or does not exist. Please open comunications in the control panel on your device, specify a new connection to use for pc connection, and reconnect.

i go in the control panel but if i click on change in comunication i can't see or write nothing...
 Top of the page
computerland Page Icon Posted 2010-05-17 3:18 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

i try to connect my mobile phone that have windows mobile and the laptop ask to me to write usb driver name i try to write some words but give to me error
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-05-17 6:23 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

The hardware is different between the CE and Linux models of the CnMBook. For one, the CE version has an ARM-based processor (Anyka ARM926EJ-S), while the Linux model has a MIPS-based processor (Ingenic X-Burst). You can't flash Linux on the CE one, nor vice versa.
 Top of the page
computerland Page Icon Posted 2010-05-17 6:30 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

ok and how i do for see video and update java and flash player??and how i do to transfert file or other in laptop and this will work on win ce??

Edited by computerland 2010-05-17 6:30 PM
 Top of the page
Dana Page Icon Posted 2010-05-19 12:29 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Although the rear USB port is intended for PC connection nobody seems to have been able to get it to work. In my case, my XP laptop sees a "mobile device" when it's plugged in, but ActiveSync isn't able to establish a connection. Not sure I have the right cable though, I'm using the male-male USB cable that came with an external HD enclosure. Doesn't worry me though as I can use wifi or USB thumb drive to transfer files to the minibook.

-Dana
 Top of the page
Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2010-05-19 9:49 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

>>my XP laptop sees a "mobile device" when it's plugged in, but ActiveSync isn't able to establish a connection. Not sure I have the right cable though

If it does recognize your notebook as a mobile device, the cable is right. TRY LAUNCHING REPPLOG.EXE.
 Top of the page
computerland Page Icon Posted 2010-05-21 9:28 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

i see that are ubutu netbook remix for netbook for arm processor.....how i do for install?and it's compatible??
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-05-21 5:35 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

You can't. That build only works with the VT8505/WM8505 version of the ARM processor. It won't flash onto the CnMBook because the CnMBook has an Anyka AK7802 version of the ARM processor.
 Top of the page
computerland Page Icon Posted 2010-05-24 5:23 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

do you know browser that i can download for windows ce that support java and flash? or a sofware that i can install for see web video like youtube or other?
i've core player but don't support youtube....do you know if are plugins?

i've arm 926ej-s release sv122

Edited by computerland 2010-05-24 5:25 PM
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.265 - Cached queries : 51 - Executed queries : 29