x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Redgear / wi-fi / Sig3 / gps musings

mr-mac Page Icon Posted 2010-05-24 12:22 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Doesn't get as much working as on ce 4.2 smartbook.

Route66 works on smartbook but not on Sig3 falls over with error before it shows on screen.

Got palringo working (needs palringo.exe of version 1.20 pointed to the coredl2.dll think that's the most common one hou ming or something). However background text and foreground text on some bits are same colour so difficult to see user names of contacts that are logged in. Will try some other WM messenger apps.

However my strangest findings are with wi-fi cards. If I have my PRISM3 card installed and turn sig3 off with it still in situ and redgear on (it will look like sig3 goes into standby but keeps running battery down) and if you turn it on with wi-fi card in Sig3 freezes till it is removed (think 2nd issue exists without redgear).

If I use my I-O data 11g card it suffers neither issue with or without redgear.

Strange thing. If I use the wi-fi cards with WMwifirouter on my phone the prism 3 works fine but the i-o data connects but wmwifirouter doesn't finish connection.... I need to exit from aegis client and use zeroconfig where it behaves the same till you go into zeroconfig and click renew ip then the wmwifirouter shows connected straight away and it works as it should (just thought it would help other 11g cf card users having trouble with ad-hoc connections).

So I need to find:-

* a way to get route66 working on the Sig3 with redgear (or try some other GPS software) would like to get this working though as it is very nice to use...

* Need to find a good WM chat software that will work with redgear.

* Opera is nice and fast so happy with that as browser

* get a spare A/C to use in car mount

* find a media player with good large touchscreen controls and good playlist functions so I can use sig3 to feed audio to headunit.

Think that is everything I would like.

Oh... does anyone know a nice looking weather app that will work nicely on Sig3? Would be a good thing to have for a travel device.
 Top of the page
isotherm Page Icon Posted 2010-05-24 11:35 PM
#
H/PC Elite

I think that TomTom works on CE3+ with RedGear, so that may be an option. Does Route66 give the standard "not a valid" error? If so, it probably uses a coredll function new in CE 4.2. You can copy your RedGear DLL's plus Route66 onto the computer and use DependencyWalker to see what exports might be missing. If it's non-essential, maybe it could be edited out.
 Top of the page
mr-mac Page Icon Posted 2010-05-25 8:30 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Nah.. with r66 it recognises the app.. Falls over with a proper crash dialouge (though report is in japanese) with a hex address. Wondering if it is an aygshell problem as that bit of redgear isn't installed on Sig3.

Also tried loads of messenger apps last night. Pidgeon, IM+, Agile and another...

The only version I could get to run was Agile V3 for PPC2002... PPC2003 and WM5 versions showed a splash screen but fell over with some Win32 API error. Couldn't get the PPC2002 version to work correctly though. But the 2002 version didn't really work as no OK buttons and when eventually found the screen to enter an account it wouldn't connect.

Wonder why the sig3 doesn't like the Aygshell from redgear??? Could it be due to the GPU and proper drivers for it?

Yeah I got versions of tomtom to run a while back as well will maybe use that just didn't like the way it looked compared to R66 (and as I have a fully registered copy of R66 hoped it would work).

John
 Top of the page
mr-mac Page Icon Posted 2010-05-26 1:23 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Not sure what problem is.... R66Navigate8 always falls over on the same bit regardless of whether I use COREDL2 (hou mings one) or _oredll if I have redgear enabled or not.

I have exechecked in CE and it does not report any missing functions.

I renamed all the other DLL's in the program directory 1 by 1 to see if error changed but it is always the same.

In the Dir are also

GPSTMC.dll (reports no errors in execheck)
R66WCEsetupdll.dll (reports no errors in execheck)
USPCE.dll (reports missing functions on coredl2 and _oredll)

As far as I can work out uspce.dll is complex script render lib for window CE so maybe I need a version for CE 4.x or CE 4.1 none of the program or dll's reference aygshell at all.

The error from R66 exe is the same in all attempts (redgear on, off or not even loaded), edit file to other coredll's etc.

most of error is in Japanese so not sure if the numbers will mean anything....

ROUTE 66 Navigate 8.exe
0xc0000005

Hope someone can help.

John

PS will likely try some earlier builds of the N8 software as I am sure once (and only once) I got a version to run. If that fails I will grab R66 N7 and see what that looks like as I know that will most likely run (if it looks crap I will try some CE4 version of tomtom 8 and 7).

Edited by mr-mac 2010-05-26 1:38 PM
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 43 - Executed queries : 28