x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Sig3 for Car (next step)

mr-mac Page Icon Posted 2010-05-27 9:54 AM
#
H/PC Elder

The Haicom GPS CF wasn't really the best for my in car system as the CF was effectively upside down (the bulk of gps unit was below the level of the bottom of device (was really designed for PDA's that had the CF upside down so it could hinge away from user and point straight up).

So today I spotted a safecom SUGPS-R720 (Ultra) GPS CF card (SiRF IIe/LP with xtrac) for £22 brand new (total £30 inc next day delivery). if anyone is intrested this is the device http://www.ebuyer.com/product/89715 (6 left in stock)

This CF looks perfect as it is the correct way up and the reciver part of it is more compact than a lot of others I have seen. Not decided how or where sig3 will be mounted but working on it at moment (also not sure about the GPS) I also have an older BT device which I will try out when I find a new socket BT card at a good price. However I would still want a CF GPS so I can use the GPS anywhere.

Currently I am looking for a charger to steal the cable from (to make car charger) and looking for best GPS software I can get working. Also looking for best big button touchscreen media player software as the Sig3 will be used for Satnav, MP3 player (through headunit), Browsing device for when at destination (got a few other plans but need to see if I can get them to work).

Will keep people updated on my progress and take some pics of everything as I get it set up.

John
 Top of the page
mr-mac Page Icon Posted 2010-06-01 9:30 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Tested the GPS today (safecom SUGPS-R720 Ultra) and it seems to work very well indeed (even sitting on the pass seat and not up in site of sky).

Used it on Sigmarion 3 with Tomtom 7 (courtesy of redgear)

Once it has it's initial fix (which took a little while) it seems to gain a fix very quickly indeed. Even if turned off for 30 min and I moved location it was very quick at getting a GPS fix. Overall I am very happy with the safecom GPS card superb little item.

John
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-06-02 5:23 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Moved to Windows CE 4.x .net
 Top of the page
mr-mac Page Icon Posted 2010-06-03 3:42 PM
#
H/PC Elder

CE Geek - 2010-06-02 5:23 AM

Moved to Windows CE 4.x .net

Only reason I popped in general section was I thought people (other than just CE 4 users) would be interested in my findings re. the GPS CF card and tomtom7 software.

Don't mind where it sits though
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.142 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 8