x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Linux and HP Jornada 680e <- Bring it on

Doug
Doug Page Icon Posted 2005-06-23 12:26 AM
#
Hey Guys,

I'm an electrical engineer that specializes in HDW/ Emedded Systems. The HP J680e caught my eye a long time ago and the price now made me buy it. Obviously the only real problem with this great device is the out dated and constrained software. I found some Linux distro's that already have the correct machine code for the H3 processor, but as usual device drivers are missing.

I want to spend my summer when not at work writing device drivers for both the audio and the touch screen. I saw JLime talked about, but the website is down. Does anyone know if that distro had device drivers for the touch screen? Does anyone have exact specfications for the touch screen? Finding out how the protocol works would be amazing. I'm assuming I'll be making a character based driver off of a PS2 port.

Any and all input would be great.

Thanks,

Doug
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-06-23 1:55 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

yes touchscreen works with jlime, iirc. so you don't need to write the driver for it. i'm not sure about the audio though.
you can check it out for yourself when their site is back (i hope that'll be soon)
 Top of the page
dougemd
dougemd Page Icon Posted 2005-06-23 2:35 AM
#
How long has the site been down for? Is there any place I can get a copy of the distrobution and their directions in the mean time? Thanks for the reply
 Top of the page
chiark Page Icon Posted 2005-06-23 4:06 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

www.jlime.com - the site's up and working.

As above, you won't need to write drivers - everything works . If you feel like blazing trails, you could always look at producing flashboards for the 7xx series, or porting more across to that platform - the 680 seems to be way better supported!

Top of the page
matrixcore Page Icon Posted 2005-07-07 8:27 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Chiark, I'm in the need to correct you. Not everything works, as there are no int'l keymaps other than US and Japanese, and that the kernel doesn't really suspends. it only powers off the screen, so devices still have limited battery life, compared to WinCE.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 8