x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

windows embedded ce 6.0 r3

1 2 3 4 5
unbrained Page Icon Posted 2010-06-06 4:52 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi guys,

Sorry to barge in here but I'm kind of getting desperate, and this seems like a place where somebody can actually help me..

I recently bought an arm11 windows CE 6.0 r3 7" tablet, but there have been a couple of issues with it, not error related or anything, but it's really annoying me.

The device came with a custom english userface. That said, all the underlaying original windows ce components (ie settings, explorer browsing) are in chinese.. So I've been searching on the internet for quite a while now but I can't seem to find anything regarding changing the language, and I can't read any of the settings, because of the chinese. I tried comparing icons, found the one that should give me an optino to change tha language but it gives me a totally different menu, one which is also in chinese.

So pleeaase, could anyone tell me how to, or point me in the direction of any site which explains the BASICS of this freaking OS?

Any help would be majorly appreciated,

Regards,

Dylan
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-06-06 5:14 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

The language is built into the version of the OS that has been installed on your device. This means that if you want the OS in English, you'll have to find an English version of the OS to flash onto the device, and it'll have to match the processor type. So far, however, I haven't seen a downloadable CE 6 R3 ROM image anywhere.
 Top of the page
CAuser Page Icon Posted 2010-06-06 7:35 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

I only saw language settings for major Western languages (English, French, Spanish,...) on Viewsonic v212 with CE 5. I'm hoping CE 6 may have more languages including Asian languages built in.
 Top of the page
Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2010-06-06 10:55 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

unbrained, there is a way of localising the device. You need to get proper .0409.mui file (0409 is the code of US locale, mui stands for Multilingual User Interface). I think cmonex or TFGBD could help you, but I'm not sure. Also, could you please give us alink to the specifications of your device?
 Top of the page
unbrained Page Icon Posted 2010-06-06 2:03 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

http://www.pandawill.com/x10-mid-tablet-pc-7-inch-wifi-ebook-office...

First of all, thanks for the replies guys! Really appreciate it

I've indeed searched for mui after comparing to my own vista machine, but so far all I could find was a developmentkit to do it yourself, and that goes wayyyy over my head I couldn't find any files related to MUI or even something on how it actually worked in practice. Thing is, the things I read so far kind of point to making em think that the MUI will only affect the custom UI, or am I mistaken here?

CAuser - 2010-06-06 7:35 AM

I only saw language settings for major Western languages (English, French, Spanish,...) on Viewsonic v212 with CE 5. I'm hoping CE 6 may have more languages including Asian languages built in.

P.S. lol, asian is my problem here, so you're already set now I need to fidn the freaking english!

Edited by unbrained 2010-06-06 2:05 PM
 Top of the page
Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2010-06-06 2:30 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Every .dll, .exe, or .cpl 's resources can be localized. It's done by placing .%language_id%.mui files in their directory. .mui contains localized version of executable's resources.

.mui can affect ANY executable.
 Top of the page
unbrained Page Icon Posted 2010-06-06 3:46 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

okay, I'm totally getting confused here.. I'm thinking about just reinstalling the whole thing to standard windows embedded ce 6.0 r3, anybody that can help me get started?
 Top of the page
Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2010-06-06 4:10 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

There's no standart Windows CE distrubution at all. Moreover, there is no distribution of WIndows CE at all. All images are built specially for any device.
 Top of the page
unbrained Page Icon Posted 2010-06-06 4:14 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

aaaaaarghhhhhhh so you mean I'm stuck with this piece of crap custom ui?! omg -.-'

any advice? on anything? :'(
 Top of the page
Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2010-06-06 4:37 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

I've already said that, you need to find .0409.mui files for CE6.0 and place them into \windows directory.
 Top of the page
unbrained Page Icon Posted 2010-06-06 5:20 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Alt Bass - 2010-06-06 4:37 PM

I've already said that, you need to find .0409.mui files for CE6.0 and place them into \windows directory.

Okay, sorry, I guess thats my only option here...

That said, if I type "windows embedded ce 6.0 mui files" or anything similar I get all this code mumbojumbo which I don't understand. Don't get me wrong I'm not asking you to look for me, but it looks like there are no presets available, or am I looking at things wrong here?

Main issue is the control panel in my winCE. It's in chinese. So if I wanted to translate that, what value should I look for in value.0409.mui?
 Top of the page
Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2010-06-06 5:37 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

You should look for cplmain.cpl.0409.mui, as it is launched when you call Control Panel.

"unbrained"
but so far all I could find was a developmentkit to do it yourself

Could give the link?
 Top of the page
unbrained Page Icon Posted 2010-06-06 5:41 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Alt Bass - 2010-06-06 5:37 PM

You should look for cplmain.cpl.0409.mui, as it is launched when you call Control Panel.

"unbrained"
but so far all I could find was a developmentkit to do it yourself

Could give the link?

Thanks I'll do that... Mainly every link I get on google is about developing it yourself, seen as I don't understand what they mean in general they all seem the same to me.. here's a random example of results:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee491718.aspx
http://geekswithblogs.net/BruceEitman/archive/2008/08/04/platform-b...

Edited by unbrained 2010-06-06 5:52 PM
 Top of the page
Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2010-06-06 5:51 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

I have an idea... Try placing this mui in \windows after restarting the device and try launching control panel... Thiss will possibly change the language of Control Panel, but we sjould try.

Attachments
----------------
Attachments cplmain.cpl.0409.zip (98KB - 124 downloads)
 Top of the page
unbrained Page Icon Posted 2010-06-06 5:52 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I'll give it a go!
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4 5
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 72 - Executed queries : 10