x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

windows embedded ce 6.0 r3

1 2 3 4 5
vtar48 Page Icon Posted 2010-06-08 6:12 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

unbraine, I bought the same thing x10 from pandawill and have same chinese problem. I guess I need help on what you did. I want to do it myself. can you help, using regular languge. I have no clue what people saying here. lol
 Top of the page
Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2010-06-08 6:41 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

>>So my question basically is; what will windows embedded ce 6.0 run? what kind of apps wil/will not run on this thing?

Apps that do not use WM functions (and do not access physical memory directly, it's what CE6.0 secured from) will most likely work. Under WM functions I mean PIM, ConnManager, phone, AYGshell (CE has a subset of it beginning from 4.2). Also some graphical apps which utilize GameX API (gx) won't work without emulation and also some apps being designed to run at certain screen resolution.
 Top of the page
vtar48 Page Icon Posted 2010-06-08 6:45 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Alt Bass, I asked ubrain, but he is not around. I have same unit he has and I have to do same thing (english) I downloaded mui file from your atachment tomy home computer desktop, how do I transfer this file into windows on my device?. I put the file into sd card, but then what?, Please help
 Top of the page
ausamah Page Icon Posted 2010-06-08 8:53 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Unbrained and vtar48: this is more of a GPS unit with additional features of internet, office processing, music and videos. I really do not see this unit going too much further than that given that running programs and what not on it will not be easy since its embedded CE. for the price compared to other GPS systems out there and the fuctions it provides it is quite good. it has a strong GPS antenna built in and runs an amazign igo map software ..so all in all its worth the price

now for the language issue..i faced the same problem with the memory bar slider and so not wasting anymore time i have already sent it back to pandawill and told them to send me a new item with complete english installed and that i do not want any chinese whatsoever on my unit. i will update once i get the new item over the next week or two.

Top of the page
unbrained Page Icon Posted 2010-06-08 3:14 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Alt Bass - 2010-06-08 6:41 AM

>>So my question basically is; what will windows embedded ce 6.0 run? what kind of apps wil/will not run on this thing?

Also some graphical apps which utilize GameX API (gx) won't work without emulation and also some apps being designed to run at certain screen resolution.

I guess thats where my concern lay. This thing is powerfull enough to be able to play some decent games, but so far ANY WM game I have put on wouldn´t work. I´ve tried about 10, from a 200mb siberia to regular apps to wince 2003 minesweeper, some seem to install cabs but not work, some installers givce me a chinese error, and the one that did install, when I clicked the .exe file, nothing happens. I mean nothing. no error, no waiting, no oegedyboegedy, nothing. :S

though, you mention emulation. Is it possible to run a windows mobile emulator on this? so that everything for WM should work??

Oh and I'm very interested what pandawill will do, as I guess these problems are totally above their heads

P.S. (For other guy who needed help with chinese problem) Alt bass uploaded a .zip file. Basically, when you go to your windows map, compare it to the files in the .zip. Rename every match you can find in the .zip to filename.extension.0409.mui, so explorer.exe becomes explorer.exe.0409.mui. Then paste all the RENAMED files into the windows directory as well, and on the next boot you should be reading english, though, as you mentioned, there is absolutely no space left on my device somehow, and adjusting the slider won't work for me, so good luck.
 Top of the page
Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2010-06-08 5:11 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

>it will not be easy since its embedded CE.
I disagree. There's a plenty of apps for CE and WM (that work on CE).

>I guess thats where my concern lay. This thing is powerfull enough to be able to play some decent games, but so far ANY WM game I have put on wouldn´t work. I´ve tried about 10, from a 200mb siberia to regular apps to wince 2003 minesweeper, some seem to install cabs but not work, some installers givce me a chinese error, and the one that did install, when I clicked the .exe file, nothing happens. I mean nothing. no error, no waiting, no oegedyboegedy, nothing. :S
They may miss some functions from system libraries, there's a way of correcting it in half cases.

>though, you mention emulation. Is it possible to run a windows mobile emulator on this? so that everything for WM should work??
Under emulation I mean translating GameX calls to GDI (standart slow driver). It not system emulation, it can be implemented through GAPI from wincesoft.de .
 Top of the page
vtar48 Page Icon Posted 2010-06-08 5:31 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Alt Bass, can you help another fellow rushian livine in america. I don't have much knoledge in this subject but i want to get rid off chinese badly from my explorer and control panel. Unbrain did it and I would like to do it. I downloaded your file zip on to my pc. I extructed that file from zip and its only one file called CPLMAIN.CPL.0409
tHEN i COPY THAT FILE ON SD CARD. i INSERTED THAT CARD INTO MY DEVICE. Then i try to paste that file into windows directory in my device but it says no space left. When I do it any way I can not find this file there. Could you walk me thru the process, please
 Top of the page
vtar48 Page Icon Posted 2010-06-08 6:10 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Ok, I read all your posts and started to figure out some. I moved the memory slider, so I copied your cpl file, but then you said to check your HKCU/MUI/CurLang setting and they have to read 1033. where do I find these setings?
 Top of the page
vtar48 Page Icon Posted 2010-06-08 6:52 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

unbrained, could you please righ me email so I could free this board from my noncence my email address is:vtar100@yahoo.com
Sorry for trouble but I need to fix this device language, Thanks
 Top of the page
Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2010-06-08 7:08 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

>HKCU/MUI/CurLang setting and they have to read 1033

HKLM (HKey Local Machine), HKCU(Current User) and HKCR (Classes Root) are main keys (folders) in Windows CE registry. Downloas tTotalCommander Pocket for Windows CE from ghisler.com, it has the registry plugin, the plugins' virtual shortcut is shown in the TotalCommander in the root folder ("\".

There are some types of values (files): DigitalWORD, String and Binary. CurLang is DigitalWORD and it's decimal value should be 1033 (or 409 in hexademical).
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-06-09 12:04 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

unbrained - 2010-06-08 7:14 AM
I´ve tried about 10, from a 200mb siberia to regular apps to wince 2003 minesweeper, some seem to install cabs but not work, some installers givce me a chinese error, and the one that did install, when I clicked the .exe file, nothing happens. I mean nothing. no error, no waiting, no oegedyboegedy, nothing. :S

I've noticed that the "Cannot find . . ." error dialog seems to have been eliminated in CE 6. When needed files are missing, nothing at all happens when you try to run the executable - no error message.
 Top of the page
vtar48 Page Icon Posted 2010-06-09 1:32 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Unbrained, How to switch desktop from default to windows like on this device (x10 mid 7" tablet pc), or may be some body else knows. i would greatly apreciate. thanks
 Top of the page
vtar48 Page Icon Posted 2010-06-10 8:48 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I GOT TODAY ENGLISH ROM windows ce6 FOR X10 MID 7" TABLET FROM SUPPLIER. It works great.
 Top of the page
unbrained Page Icon Posted 2010-06-10 10:35 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

CE Geek - 2010-06-09 12:04 AM

unbrained - 2010-06-08 7:14 AM

I've noticed that the "Cannot find . . ." error dialog seems to have been eliminated in CE 6. When needed files are missing, nothing at all happens when you try to run the executable - no error message.

lol? whats that? people tired of errors so windows came with:

Now, the all new windows CE, less functions, less errors! (cuz we took em out)

-.-'

Vtar, I have no idea how to go back to the original windows menu. one time though I managed to flip the device in such a manner that the taskbar popped up, but on the next reboot it was gone again... Tell me more about that english rom??
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2010-06-10 11:45 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

I've noticed the error message change myself. Several programs I clicked on did nothing...nothing at all. Then I went in and added the necessary dlls and then the ran fine. I'd rather have an error message.
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4 5
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.269 - Cached queries : 70 - Executed queries : 11