x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

How to make Windows CE 5.0 apps work on CE6.0?

Tekka Page Icon Posted 2010-06-12 3:10 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi, i just bought the A81 MID which has Windows CE 6.0 on it. The problem is all the software I come across are made for Windows Mobile or older version of Windows CE.

I REALLY would like to use Microsoft's Sideshow for Windows CE 5.0 on this device

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=72090fde-a...

Whenever I try to install the cab file it says

" This is not a valid Windows CE Setup file"

does anyone know how to get Windows mobile and older CE Cab files to install on CE 6.0?
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-06-12 8:00 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

This has been covered in several threads. Use MSCEInf to extract the CAB on the PC, and then copy the resulting folders onto the CE device.
 Top of the page
Tekka Page Icon Posted 2010-06-12 11:43 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

The SideShow cab file won't open correctly in MSCEInfen. It tells me Plusieurs Fichiers XML (Several Files XML)and won't let me extract. I tried using CabExtract and all it gives me are files with .lib .pdb. and weird names in a single folder.

I tested this with the Skyfire 1.5 Cab and it gave me the correct folder structure but an .inf file and a .dll are not in the " Program Files" or "Windows" folder so where should these 2 files go?

Many of the programs I used had no problem under CE 5.0 but fail to open under 6.0. They don't give me any error message or anything but simply nothing happens when I double click the exe file. I tried testing them under my other 5.0 device and there was no problem.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 9