x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

bfax pro 5.0 for hpc2000 arm win ce3.0

[Frozen]
Frozen
pellos Page Icon Posted 2010-06-15 11:01 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I was trying to get hold of bsquare bfax pro 5.0 for jornada 720. However the software does not exist anymore. Do you have this program so that I can install and test it in my jornada? I have searched everywhere.

Remarks for fax programs tested
a) The KSEtruefax2.02 seems to be an excellent software although the registration is expensive.
b) The BVRP winphone-Pocket 3.5 also works for sending and receiving faxes. However the extension of the faxes saved is .T31 so it is not useful for printing on desktop.

Edited by pellos 2010-06-15 11:04 AM
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2010-06-15 12:52 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

It is hard to find...very hard. Most of the time these days you only see it on pirate software sites. And bSquare doesn't want to support HPC users at all these days.

You might also want to try out Pocket Phone Tools.
 Top of the page
pellos
pellos Page Icon Posted 2010-06-16 2:35 AM
#
Thanks for the reply. The pocket phone tools is v5.1 which only supports wince 4.2. Do you have the free jornada 720 version? It has also disapeared.
 Top of the page
pellos Page Icon Posted 2010-06-16 11:33 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

It used to be a free download for hp customers but does not exist anymore. the webpage was:

http://www.bvrp.com/Customers/HPdownload/ENG/default.htm
http://www.bvrp.fr/customers/hpdownload/eng/

Edited by pellos 2010-06-16 11:44 AM
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2010-06-16 1:51 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
If I remember correctly, the bvrp download had to match your machine id. When I got a new J-720, I could no longer run the program.

Jake
 Top of the page
pellos Page Icon Posted 2010-06-16 9:15 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Can anyone provide a download link please?
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2010-06-17 2:03 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
bvrp gave up HPC2000 support 6-7 years ago, maybe more.

Jake
 Top of the page
pellos Page Icon Posted 2010-06-19 11:33 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I got the BVRP pocket Phone Tools 3.6 (US) which is the last working version made for jornada 720 however there is no difference at all from the BVRP winphone-Pocket 3.5 (except from the encryption). I will be looking for the bfax5.0.
http://ftp2.bvrp.com/pub/pocket_phonetools/

Edited by pellos 2010-06-19 11:33 PM
 Top of the page
violantos Page Icon Posted 2012-03-19 3:05 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Bfaxpro 5.0 finally discovered.

http://wayback.archive.org/web/*/http://www.hyubwoo.com/download_data/bsquare/mobile/companion/faxeval.exe

The above link has the Bfax5.0 from bsquare for HPC2000, PPC and Palm-size PC however it has a time expiry of 30 days.
The bfax5.0 can be tricked by using a nec bfax hpc2000 files. which I also have however if is flashed to 4.2 version.

The previous link post by pellos is corrected to the following

ftp://ftp2.bvrp.com/pub/pocket_phonetools

The pocket phonetools 3.5 was offered free of charge for the jornada 720 users but I lost my CD I had it saved.

If anyone can post any findings on bfaxpro5.0 please let the community know.

Thanks

Edited by violantos 2012-03-19 3:18 PM
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2012-03-19 7:52 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

bFax Pro, the full version, was never released into the public domain and was always only obtainable as a purchase from bSquare Corporation. The trial 5.0 version has been on my website for years...

About the only thing a person can do is reinstall it after the trial period has passed if they want to continue using it. bSquare will neither sell nor support the old HPC versions any longer.

If a person want to buy a fax version for HPCs that is still available, KSE Software still sells their KSE Truefax for HPCs even though it is not listed on their current website. But you can still contact them and they will sell you a full registered version.
 Top of the page
violantos Page Icon Posted 2012-03-19 8:27 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

I think the one you have on your site is not the same. This one is 8mb with "bprint" and "print to bfax" and especially compatible to windows ce 3.0 HPC2000. It is 8mb and the same as full version.

Yes I have noted the KSE software and one japanese fax viewer tfv170p.zip which are both still available for a price.

Thanks for your response.

Edited by violantos 2012-03-19 9:24 PM
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2012-03-19 8:48 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

It's the same. The one on my site is just the cab file, not the desktop installer.
 Top of the page
violantos Page Icon Posted 2012-03-19 9:25 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

I managed to find the pocket phonetools 3.6 uk version on my CD with its licence no. However I dont know if I am allowed to post it. If requested and if it is allowed to do so and if it is going to become publicly available then I will be happy to contribute.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2012-03-20 11:10 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

That would not be a good idea Violantos.

HPCFactor is very clear on warez policy....especially rule #2. It is a quick way to get yourself banned forever...

http://www.hpcfactor.com/info/help/forums/rules/

However, if it was offered free by the author, and this can be verified, then it certainly would make a great addition to our software library here.

Top of the page
violantos Page Icon Posted 2012-03-20 9:08 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Thanks for pointing that out.

The pocket phonetool was offered free for the jornada 720 users which I did enrol at that time (2002 year). That makes me a free user for life.

However I am not the company and you are right I cannot post any rights of use to this software to anyone unless I am the legal owner.

I did not know the legal law regarding the abandonware especially the 70 years rule. I suppose it was from my enthousiasm for finding pocket phonetools.

Thanks once more for your reply.
 Top of the page
Frozen
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 70 - Executed queries : 10