x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Flashing windows ce device

unbrained Page Icon Posted 2010-06-17 8:47 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi people,

Since the aquisition of my new windows embedded ce 6.0 device I've been helped a great deal here on your forums.

So, now I finaly got goin', have a few apps thanks to RTFM's pack and SOME progress in understanding what the (or rather what not) capabilities of this thing.

So as I was browsing here and there on the forums, I found that some people talked about flashing. How? I'd like to change (or atleast remove the custom ui) to mainly anything else. Where can I find more info on this?

Thanks in advance,

Dylan

P.S. RTFM, is there a reason you put scummvm version 0.10.0 in your pack? Is it just long ago or is this the only compatible version? thx ^ ^
 Top of the page
unbrained Page Icon Posted 2010-06-17 10:16 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

unbrained - 2010-06-17 8:47 AM

P.S. RTFM, is there a reason you put scummvm version 0.10.0 in your pack? Is it just long ago or is this the only compatible version? thx ^ ^

Edit: nevermind that, I got the latest scummvm to work by copying the files from the 0.10.0 directory to the new version directory and it works... Something with gapi?
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-06-17 5:52 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

As for reflashing, you have to use an OS image specific to the device's processor. If it's VT8505/WM8505, for example, you can't use a VT8500 image. If you have an Anyka AK7802, you have to use one for that. Even though all of these are versions of the ARM926EJ-S processor, they're not interchangeable. Our users here have only been able to locate a CE 6 image for the VT8500 and VT/WM8505 processors from the Web. There are download links on some of the threads here - search this forum as well as the Handheld PC General Discussion forum. Reflashing instructions are included. Make sure the device is plugged in to AC power while doing the reflash, to make sure the battery doesn't run down in the middle of the reflash. The whole process takes less than ten minutes.
 Top of the page
unbrained Page Icon Posted 2010-06-18 5:23 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hmmm, I might look for some flashing software then..

I have another question, how can Idetermine what functionallity is added in my current OS? For example, thisthingofmine plays 1080p movies, and I love it, and I don't wanna open my eyes after flashing and finding it can no longer do that...

Also, if I try to play any .mkv 1080p of 720p movie in another player than the noname integrated player,it won't work, or barely. How do I figure out which files/settings this player uses? its the most basic of players, canonly select video and play/forward/sound and those things, there's not even a menu.

Thanks in advance!
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.312 - Cached queries : 19 - Executed queries : 52