x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Can I change the icons in CE2.11?

BookWorm Page Icon Posted 2010-06-25 4:17 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

I know there are programs to "skin" some versions of HPC, but are any of them comparable to Windowblinds? Can I change the icons? The size of the icons? Desktop gadgets? Any other ways to fancy up the user interface?
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2010-06-25 11:53 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Generally speaking...no. Icons for WindowsCE are built into the executeables....not a seperate graphic like your desktop machine.
 Top of the page
llPACO Page Icon Posted 2010-07-07 7:19 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

If you mean the icons of the software you have that come factory set, you can. Go to windows folder and look for the pword icon, you'll have at least 2, choose the one you like (smallest one is the one with pword legend) basically the icon is the same size, what changes is the legend below them that takes too much space. Send it ti the desktop as shortcut and when it works, simply delete the factory set one. Good luck!

llPACO
 Top of the page
BookWorm Page Icon Posted 2010-09-10 1:42 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

> Generally speaking...no. Icons for WindowsCE are built into the executeables....not a seperate graphic like your desktop machine.

Actually, the icons in Windows 9x and NT 4/5 are also in the executables (and even then they can be changed with a resource editor, but that only works with disk files, not ROM!) but you can change the shortcut icon to anything you want. Windows CE doesn't have this feature. I was hoping a skinning program would do that.

It seems like the skinning programs only change the taskbar etc. color, and the wallpaper. Control panel does that. So what's the point of the skinning program?

I was hoping for the HPC or PPC version of Windowblinds. That may not exist, but I found an interesting program on Wincustomize.com that looks similar, called Dashboard. I think it's only for PPC. Even it may not change icons or border graphics. There's another one that lets PPC 2000 use PPC 2002 themes, but they appear to consist of nothing but wallpaper, so again, what's the point?
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-09-10 8:22 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

There is a program for the Pocket PC called Pocket Blinds. I seem to recall some folks trying skinning the H/PC desktop with that, but I don't recall the outcome. As for changing icons in Windows CE, you can change the icon embedded in a Windows CE application using a resource editor on the PC. There are even a few on-device resource editors for Windows CE, though the ones I've found I haven't been able to figure out how to use.
 Top of the page
BookWorm Page Icon Posted 2010-09-11 5:02 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

>. As for changing icons in Windows CE, you can change the icon embedded in a Windows CE application using a resource editor on the PC.

But only if you have flash memory, not ROM.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.191 - Cached queries : 45 - Executed queries : 27