x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Windws Ce 6. Dongle problem

tonyreece Page Icon Posted 2010-06-27 8:05 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I have two MRT 7" netbook with Windows CE6.0.I can not use the 3g dongle with either of them. It maybe I have not installed the drivers. How may I dp this. There is no dvd with this model
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-06-27 8:25 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Moved to Windows Embedded CE 6.0
 Top of the page
Captin Page Icon Posted 2010-06-27 12:20 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

In order for the drivers to work they would have to be specifically written for Windows CE 6.0. Windows XP and Vista drivers will not work.

You could copy the drivers from the DVD onto whatever memory card the device uses and install them from there.
 Top of the page
tonyreece Page Icon Posted 2010-06-27 5:56 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thank you Captin for the reply, but there is no DVD with the 3g dongle. They said that the drivers are an integeral part of it.
 Top of the page
Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2010-06-27 6:12 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Does your manual says anything about switching dongle recognition modes?
 Top of the page
tonyreece Page Icon Posted 2010-06-27 6:46 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

@Alt Bass.There is only provision for 3g . there is an Icon in connection for 3g, but it does say in the manuel to INSTALL DRIVERS for 3g driver
 Top of the page
Captin Page Icon Posted 2010-06-27 11:03 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

The drivers tend to be on a special partition on the dongle itself. Which is why it doesnt have a disk with it. But these drivers are normally for PC or MAC. You may need a special dongle for Windows CE.
 Top of the page
arlex Page Icon Posted 2010-06-28 5:01 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

tonyreece - 2010-06-27 1:46 PM

@Alt Bass.There is only provision for 3g . there is an Icon in connection for 3g, but it does say in the manuel to INSTALL DRIVERS for 3g driver

Most of the 3G dongles I've met have autoinstalling programs for Windows XP/Vista/7 that install automatically upon USB plug-in the respective drivers. But usually you can find the drivers for desktop Windows and for other OS (e.g. Linux) on the 3G operator's site or on the manufacturar's site. If designed for you should also find the drivers for WinCE in the same location.
 Top of the page
tonyreece Page Icon Posted 2010-06-28 4:01 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

@ Captin & arlex. Thanks for your help folks, I just can not find drivers for WinCe
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-06-29 1:42 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't one. We've yet to see anyone here successfully connect a core Windows CE device with anything else using a USB Bluetooth or WiFi adapter. The only Windows CE platform that the OEMs seem to acknowledge the existence of is Windows Mobile, and there have been very few USB-enabled Windows Mobile devices.
 Top of the page
tonyreece Page Icon Posted 2010-06-29 5:35 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

@CE Geek.That answers my questions.The company should be taken to task, for including lies in thier manual
 Top of the page
Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2016-08-16 9:48 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

By the way: I learned recently that 3G dongle may be instructed to exclude devices like CDrom and cardreader with AT commands - which may be known for some popular modems like Huawei.

Edited by Alt Bass 2016-08-16 9:48 AM
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 51 - Executed queries : 27