x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

How does GAPI for HPC's Open Apps?

pphilipp Page Icon Posted 2010-07-08 4:44 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I have a Windows CE 6 device, the Witstech A81, which has a powerful Cortex processor and high-rez 7" display.

Recently I loaded GAPI for HPCs. There are a couple of apps on my device that when accessed, the GAPI screen flashes for a second... which allows me to realize that the GAPI interface is allowing them to open. Otherwise, I have no idea if an app requires the GAPI or not.

Is there anyway of actually knowing beforehand what apps might work under GAPI and what won't? Is it an automatic thing which you don't configure with settings? So far, most ppc apps I add to my device won't work no matter what. Extremely few seem to access the GAPI at all. I guess that I really had the wrong idea about GAPI... thinking it was more universal and more useful than I had thought.

Any insight would greatly be appreciated.
thanks.
 Top of the page
technogeist2k9 Page Icon Posted 2010-07-08 6:30 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Top of the page
mr-mac Page Icon Posted 2010-07-09 9:31 AM
#
H/PC Elder

GAPI was mainly for apps that need grfx... Games and some media players. it's the programs that need gx.dll that gapi is required for.

Have a look at TCPMP once gpai is installed you will likely see a GAPI option in the list under Video on one of the menus. On devices without a good graphics driver this allows the media player direct access to the screen memory and can improve performance.

If you run dependency walker on a PC directed at the PPC program it will tell you if it's looking for GX.dll

John
 Top of the page
Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2010-07-09 2:26 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

mr-mac - 2010-07-09 12:31 PM

Have a look at TCPMP once gpai is installed you will likely see a GAPI option in the list under Video on one of the menus. On devices without a good graphics driver this allows the media player direct access to the screen memory and can improve performance.

The last CE6 devices have DirectDraw driver very often, so GAPI isn't really obligative for TCPMP.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 41 - Executed queries : 29