x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

My CE6 10.2" Netbook

« Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next »
Chuck E Page Icon Posted 2011-08-05 10:38 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

BTW, I also tried pushing, pushing and holding, both with and without battery connected to see if I could effect a hard reset....nope, nothing. As this uses non-volitile ram, I expected as much.

Point is you would have to be very careful what you installed. If you lock up the device trying to do some drastic thing, there might not be any way to recover from it. I'm not worried about standard WinCE programs...but who knows.

Other trivia: Boot time from first displaying Windows logo to the end of the Windows boot-up music: 22 seconds +/- 2 sec.

Actually the RAM being non-volatile would be a nice departure from my 7-inch CE6 netbook, which I have to do a recovery on frequently. My only concern is whether any of the apps on the CE netbook software package on this site would lock this machine up? I'm on the verge of buying one of these 10.2-inch models.
 Top of the page
levinson Page Icon Posted 2011-11-18 2:47 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I haven't time to read all the messages, so excuse me if I repeat anything.

I had one of these and mine had a reset hole on the bottom of the computer near the battery if I recall.

You can find the manual in English on the web, google will find it.

You can also find a backup WinCE 6 OS for the 8505 chip and instructions on how to put it on a SD card and reinstall it. DO NOT DO THIS! This file is for 7" netbooks and if you run this on your 10"" model, you will wind up with a 7" screen with garbage around the edges. And you won't be able to get back to the 10" screen real estate.

Also available is a linux distro install but I haven't tried that, you may also wind up with a 7" screen so be careful. I think it runs off the SD card so won't destroy the WinCE install as the above file would.

And you can find a bin file with lots of WinCE programs, many only run in small windows since they were made for phones. Some work OK.

Somewhere I have some bookmarks for this stuff, let me know if you need them.

Jerry
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2011-11-18 3:26 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Jerry, we actually have the user's manual and the 10.2 inch rom image here on HPCFactor for members to download...but thanks for the warning refresher...you are correct that most 7" rom images will not work properly.
 Top of the page
levinson Page Icon Posted 2011-11-20 10:11 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Dang, when did you get the 10.2 image? I didn't find it here when I was looking for one, I only found the 7" image (elsewhere).

Also, do you have the zip file of the software collection I mentioned? It had some interesting stuff in it.

Finally, have you tried the linux setup I wrote about (Denebian, I think) and did it work on the 10" screen OK?

Thanks.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2011-11-20 12:28 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

If you look at the devices and specs area, look at the Wabook Sky...there you will find the rom image download and the owners manual. As far as software, nearly all the HPC ARM based software runs on it just fine, and of course a lot of pocketpc programs as well...there is no shortage of software. There are a lot of posts on this site and others with links to software collections, so it is hard to know if they are the same one you were speaking of. As far as Linux...I personally never tried it...but I believe others have successfully...
 Top of the page
Thecatmilton Page Icon Posted 2011-12-27 2:20 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Rich... You might be able to do a hard reset. I boxed the possible reset button for you

(motherboard.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments motherboard.jpg (39KB - 2 downloads)
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2011-12-27 1:33 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

That lines up with the reset hole on the bottom of the unit...I've tried that with and without power attached, with and without daughterboard attached, with and without keyboards attached....it doesn't affect the data stored on the rom chip at all...
 Top of the page
Thecatmilton Page Icon Posted 2011-12-27 3:04 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

The switch is bad!!! try shorting its pins or replaceing it with another switch
 Top of the page
czajkan Page Icon Posted 2014-04-24 8:55 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

hello. there are 3 years after last post in this thread but after looking all over internet i finally came here. i bought wakbook and i cant find rom to it. all are for 7". can you help me and link any rom for it?
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2014-04-24 11:52 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

If you have an 8505 processor in your Wabook, and it is an olde 10" netbook, then the image is posted in our H/PC updates area for the Wabook Sky. If you have a different processor, we don't have it.
 Top of the page
czajkan Page Icon Posted 2014-04-24 4:49 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

i'm download rom from download for wabook sky but it's look like a 7" because i have bad picture. at wakbook sticker is EPC-1027, at box 10,2" screen
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2014-04-24 5:30 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

That is the proper rom for the 10.2" Wabook Sky with the 8505. The 7" and the 10.2" are identical with only one exception...that is the screen size as specified in the scriptcmd file.

I flashed that rom to my own Wabook Sky 10.2" netbook several times as I added new programs to the flash so they would always be present after a hard reset.

If you edit the scriptcmd file, you will see the first line that contains the screen size:

setenv lcdparam 1,33000,8,1024,600,23,43,2,8,10,2,d8110508|10,d8110504|10,d8110500|10
 Top of the page
czajkan Page Icon Posted 2014-04-24 5:57 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

My bad, sorry. Rom had correct display but it won't flash. FormatVolume() fails
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2014-04-24 6:17 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Some times I've had the same problem reflashing a netbook. What I did that fixed it was to flash it to Android first, then afterwards reflash it to Windows CE. That seems to work many times. You can find Android flashes everywhere...such as http://www.techknow.me/forum/

But make sure you have the proper CPU build. If you have WindowsCE now, go to the control panel and check out the "system" information.
 Top of the page
czajkan Page Icon Posted 2014-04-24 6:26 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I flash android for 7" and try to reflash CE from sd and still the same. CE from SD is in china language but i got system info. WMT, ARM-WM8505 128.00mb
 Top of the page
« Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.25 - Cached queries : 51 - Executed queries : 32