x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Jazz Jackrabbit for CE 6

RTFM Page Icon Posted 2010-08-05 1:09 AM
#
H/PC Elite

I managed to get OpenJazz (an open source port of Jazz Jackrabbit) to run on CE6. It might also run on CE5/CE4.2/HPC2K but i haven't tested it on anything else yet. Included is the shareware version of level 1. If you have the full game just copy the data files into the game directory.

The oj_setup.exe does not work on CE6 to change the controls (it freezes). If anyone gets it to work could you map "Jump" to something other than "Enter" and email me or upload the buttoncfg.dat it creates? The Enter key is awkward to use since it's right above the arrow keys. Thanks.

I had to load the setup on my htc wizard to create the buttoncfg.dat for the game to run. Hence the odd key mapping.

The games controls are:
Arrow keys = up/down/left/right
Enter = Jump
Space bar = Fire
Esc = exit to main menu

Since it was meant for pocketpc there is no way to change the resolution from 320x240 (unless you edit and rebuild the source possibly).

Running on TinyBook T706 with CE6

Download: OpenJazzCE6.zip

Cheers.
 Top of the page
RTFM Page Icon Posted 2010-08-06 4:34 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Also if you have the full game i took the liberty to convert all the .psm music files into .s3m. Now OpenJazz will play music for every level. Just delete your .psm files and copy my download into the openjazz directory.

OpenJazz Music files

Cheers.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 8