x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Software Compatability List

mr-mac Page Icon Posted 2010-08-05 8:24 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Hi Guys,

Just a thought...

We have a hardware compatability list... what about a software one...

Basically what I am thinking is a list of all HPC software then if any versions of CE require a dll it is mentioned with links to the site where it can be downloaded. Also include any PPC software that works.

Not sure if it can be done but think it would be very usefull.

John
 Top of the page Quote Reply
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2010-08-05 1:59 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Actually I made an alpha for one last year but I did it in .net and it's slower than <insert simile about something extremely slow> and can't integrate into v2.5.

You can have a private look at the engine if you like, but I don't plan to make it public, not in its current state anyway.
Paianni Page Icon Posted 2010-08-06 4:14 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Excellent!

It also means we can collect almost all HPC software ever made and dump it in one place! I have the forgotten the address of what I think is called the Handheld PC Software Directory ... thingy ...
hmascience Page Icon Posted 2010-08-06 6:34 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Right now the HPC Software Repository (a personal project, by the way), seems to be down. But past discussion with its owner has shown that it wasn't exactly humming with visitors. There's a link to it here on this site.

I don't have a dog in the fight (I'm not going to be involved in collecting, sorting, storing, indexing, or otherwise distributing said software), but I don't think it's a good use of limited resources, much less whether or not its a good idea legally.
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 10