x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Some rants and a last cry for help

radical7dreamer Page Icon Posted 2010-08-06 4:37 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Along time ago, I remembered having a Sigmarion 3 and a Jornada 728. I remembered that I liked them very much but don't remember WHY I actually sold them. Having discovered the amiga platform (for apps like Deluxe paint, Photon paint, Disney animation studios,etc), I wanted a pocket Amiga "laptop". I got a mobilepro 900c

I didn't even spend one day with it before I remembered WHY I sold my previous HPCs: everything is a hassle. Stuff will work,most wont, too many dlls, hacks, etc. Sure, blame it on microsoft, but we're the ones feeling the pain. This is my last cry for help, or the HPC will be used only on a small, occasional basis

Please, help me run pocket UAE.
It is possible on CE.net, the proof is in the GAPI website, if you scroll down you will see pocket uae running on a Netbook pro. I quickly checked and the specs are similar to a 900c. I have tried everything listed but to no avail. Can anybody help me? Thank you
 Top of the page
hmascience Page Icon Posted 2010-08-06 3:39 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I have to admit I'm abit intrigued, but otherwise can't help. I used an Amiga 1000 as a digital still camera using a security video camera and a twirled 3-color filter back in 1986 or so (when consumer-grade digital cameras and scanners weren't nearly so accessible as today). So what's a pixel artist (you described yourself as one earlier) and why didn't you use something like Amiga Forever on an x86 machine (granted, I understand the possible differential in price and certainly in size)?
 Top of the page
radical7dreamer Page Icon Posted 2010-08-06 9:47 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

My biggest draw with the hpc is of course the size, you can slip it easely in a bag. I already bought a cheap picturebook because I have no other alternative. What's a pixel artist? It's someone that makes art based on limited color palettes and resolution.

This was made on an amiga:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dN9_R8YW4nU
and this:
http://www.effectgames.com/effect/article.psp.html/joe/Old_School_Color_Cycling_with_HTML5

Monkey island's graphics were made on an amiga....
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2010-08-06 11:25 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

There was never a bigger fan of the Amiga than myself. But haven't had any desire to play with one in years. Might give this a try on my 900C if someone can give me a link to the Kickstart ROMs....wonder if it would play ArcticFox? I loved that game.
 Top of the page
hmascience Page Icon Posted 2010-08-07 1:31 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

It looks like Amiga Forever is the easy and legal way of doing it. I'm abit confused myself on the Pocket UAE and Pocket UAE launcher (which seem to work fine on my Axim X50v out of the box, but is missing a gx.dll file on my standard Psion Netbook; my MP900C is out of action until I get a new charger...). It looks like you buy AmigaForever's product (which is a desktop emulator), take the ROM file (legally licensed), and copy it over to the HPC/PPC.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 10