x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

900c aircard not detected

assinder Page Icon Posted 2010-08-06 2:16 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hello again - hope this is the right thread. Just got a sierra aircard 850 and downloaded the watcher driver but when I insert the card I get the dialog asking for the name of the card and watcher doesn't detect the card. Am I right in thinking this should work OK?
Nick.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2010-08-06 3:14 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

It's a comon issue with CE drivers, assuming you have the right driver you need to add its dll name into the name box i.e. xyzabc.dll.

I don't see that information in the HCL, so if you work it out please post back and we'll get it added there for other users.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-08-06 7:37 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Sometimes this can be due to something interfering with the connection between the pins in the PCMCIA slot and the pinholes on the card. This can be caused by something as simple as a few specks of dust. Try removing the card, blowing lightly on the pinholes and inside the card slot (preferably with some sort of air-blowing device like a blow dryer so as not to get moisture into those areas), and reinsert the card.
 Top of the page
assinder Page Icon Posted 2010-08-17 6:06 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thanks for the help. Sadly I've tried every dll that is associated with the card and still get the "no device detected" message. I'm stumped. I see others say they have got the card working with a 900c, so any more help would be greatly appreciated.
Nick.
 Top of the page
isotherm Page Icon Posted 2010-08-17 11:34 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Do other PCMCIA cards work ok? Many MobilePro 900C's that were sold had problems where the PCMCIA and/or CF slots wouldn't work and would simply give driver errors like the one you mention, regardless what card was inserted.
 Top of the page
assinder Page Icon Posted 2010-08-19 11:02 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hello - yes I use various other cards, wifi, storage, bluetooth etc all with no problem. It seems like it must be a driver problem somewhere unless the cards is simply broken. I'm probably going to have to give up on this. Thanks anyway.
Nick.
 Top of the page
assinder Page Icon Posted 2010-08-23 7:36 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

OK, I tried the card elsewhere and it didn't work so I decided it was faulty (it was cheap off ebay so it's always a risk). So I got another - guess what, it gets recognised fine and would work except there's no arial with it and the socket is bent out of shape so it won't hold an arial in place, it also looks like the arial connector may be broken anyway. I'm not prepared to buy a third one and I don't hold out much hope of the seller replacing it but I will make sure I get my money back (ony £8.00). Don't you just love ebay scammers. It's a shame because quite clearly the cards do work fine if you can get a good one.
Cheers.
Nick.
 Top of the page
assinder Page Icon Posted 2010-09-07 10:54 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Got a refund on the faulty card and used it to buy a third via Amazon - and it worked straight from the box. Glad I persevered because it's a great bit of kit.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.132 - Cached queries : 65 - Executed queries : 9