x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Odd problem I've been having with every CE 5.0 netbook I've purchased.

1 2
16bithovercar Page Icon Posted 2010-08-27 7:52 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Strange. My Augen netbook does not have that problem. Which version do you have exactly? I have this one: http://tinyurl.com/23rdodo
 Top of the page
Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2010-08-27 11:18 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

Augen E-Go Go - 2010-08-07 6:23 PM

With both CE 5.0 netbooks I've purchased, I've encounter a strange and severe problem I don't seem to have a way to fix. I first purchased an Augen E-Go. Besides some physical defects it had (odd overheating of the back of the monitor and seemingly defective speakers), it had a really strange problem involving the keyboard. Characters wouldn't repeat, even with enable character repeat checked in the keyboard settings. If I typed at a fast speed though, keystrokes would be recorded twice, making the thing virtually unusable for typing. After speaking with Augen's tech support a few weeks ago, they thought it was a keyboard driver error and would get back to me when they knew what to do. They still have yet to contact me again.

In the meantime, I've returned that netbook and purchased another one, the Visual Land V-Net VL-760-4GB. It has nothing wrong with it physically, but once again has the same keyboard issue. I'm asking the following: Is this a universal problem with all of the 7" netbooks, can it be fixed, or was I struck by lightning twice with the same problem and will I have to return the netbook again?

Sadly it a "feature" of my MidasPad tablet when working with USB-HID keyboards. I didn't manage yet how to fix it.
 Top of the page
otoluk Page Icon Posted 2010-08-27 2:38 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Augen E-Go Go - 2010-08-07 5:23 PM

Besides some physical defects it had - odd overheating of the back of the monitor and seemingly defective speakers

It is not a defect USB-Wifi card is in there so there is the heating. If you don't use wifi then disable it.
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 9