x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

HP F1252A PCMCIA VGA-out card for Jornada 720

1 2
psionx Page Icon Posted 2011-07-06 10:47 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

So, which is better - Margie or HP? I have Margi, is it worth trying to find an HP vga-out card?
 Top of the page
arlex Page Icon Posted 2011-07-07 5:31 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

psionx - 2011-07-06 5:47 AM

So, which is better - Margie or HP? I have Margi, is it worth trying to find an HP vga-out card?

Hi psionx, good question. I think both adapters are doing the same job. The HP F1252A VGA-out PC Card has native drivers for Jornada 720 and is constructively more simple, no extra cables required to connect the vga cable, but the overall is quite rigid the thicker the vga cable is. Depending on the Margi version, there is an intermediary cable adapter which gives more mechanical flexibility and as a plus there is a remote control.

About the specs, you may want to compare directly on the internet the capabilities of the two cards, i.e. the resolution delivered to the external screens. Margi delivers up to 1024x768, I can't remember about the HP card, with the normal driver I think it goes to 800x600, extendable to 1024x768 with some settings in ActiveSync, but you should check this out. I'll test it myself over the next days and report back to the forum.
The bad part is that both deliver full-screen image only in Power Point mode. For any other mode you get on vertical only a half-screen image corresponding to the Jornada screen format.

Please be aware that installing Margi on your Jornada 720 you'll invalidate the driver for the HP card and to make it work again you'll have to do a hard reset.
 Top of the page
psionx Page Icon Posted 2011-07-07 8:54 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

thank you so much! I think I'll stay with Margie, seems no sense searching HP Vga-out. I think they both give a delay when printing (in Word for example), and that's the only use of them I can imagine... Powerpoint is good on PCs i think
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.160 - Cached queries : 59 - Executed queries : 10