x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Recycling sig3 as pro photo viewer, can't open cr2 files

ZytaZiouZ Page Icon Posted 2010-08-18 3:40 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

I doubt there is anything for windows CE that can do what I want, but what I'm looking to do is use the Sigmarion3 to open my canon 20d's raw files. Basically they are every bit of information captured by the sensor, so it has a lot more detail than jpg. What I'd like to do is find a viewer that can open them so I can use my sig's screen vs my camera's 2" screen. I did find a pocket pc program that can view them, but it won't work on sig, and I don't know how to hack it... http://www.xnviewpocket.org/download_uk.html

I'm open to trying just about anything, just thought it'd be good to find a use for my old dusty sigmarion.
 Top of the page
RTFM
RTFM Page Icon Posted 2010-08-18 4:18 AM
#
XnView should work. It works on my j720, worked on my 900c, and works on both my ce5 and ce6 netbooks. Maybe you just need a different version. I packed up the one i'm using on my netbooks. Give it a whirl and see if it works out for you.

Download XnView

Cheers.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-08-18 7:37 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Or maybe try the latest version (1.51) with RedGear.
 Top of the page
mr-mac Page Icon Posted 2010-08-19 1:11 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Hi,

I thought about this at one point... Apart from the screen of the Sig3 not having very bright / accurate colours (due to partial transflective) it's a bit slow dealing with a RAW file.

My best suggestion would be to set camera to take RAW+Small jpg and use the jpg files to preview the images the small jpg files are a lot quicker and easier to view. OK so not the quality of RAW but good enough to check focus/exposure etc.

John
 Top of the page
ZytaZiouZ Page Icon Posted 2010-08-25 10:19 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Wow, been so busy lately I forgot that I posted this... I'll try the attached files, and last I heard redgear didn't work with sig3, and I thought it was being discontinued. Small jpg's is a good idea. I didn't want to waste space on large jpg, but forgot about small. Not like the sig3 could remotely take advantage of anything bigger anyways!

Thanks everyone.
 Top of the page
isotherm Page Icon Posted 2010-08-25 11:37 PM
#
H/PC Elite

cmonex tried RedGear on Sig3 and said that it worked without any ill effects. I haven't personally tried it, so I can't say.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-08-26 4:56 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

So has mr-mac IIRC.
 Top of the page
mr-mac Page Icon Posted 2010-08-26 8:41 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Erm.... yeah....

Install redgear then before soft re-seting or anything else... take the hou ming's coredll.dll (the one in cmonex's coredll pack 22k size IIRC). and rename to _oredll.dll and overwrite the file of the same name placed in the windows directory.

regear will freeze up the sig3 if you don't do this.

I was thinking the problem redgear has with the sig3 is all the screen resize stuff the redgear produces (which doesn't show up if you replace the _oredll with hou mings. not sure why this would be the issue but wonder if it is because the Sig3 has a propper gpu with good drivers taking over a lot of the grfx work).

Always wondered if a redgear _oredll.dll or version of redgear without the screen re-size options would work on sig3 as there are a few bits of software work on smartbook with redgear that won't on sig3 with redgear and wonder if that is because the hou ming coredll has less functions than the redgear one.

Cheers

John
 Top of the page
mr-mac Page Icon Posted 2010-08-26 8:44 AM
#
H/PC Elder

My other thought on redgear on the sig3 is the MUI....

Maybe the english MUI over Japanese OS causes the issue. May have a play about trying redgear without English MUI installed and see if it works. If it does we can try and figure out why.

One MUI file causes problems for flash.dll which won't work unless you delete the shadowcvw.dll.mui file so maybe it's something to do with that.

John

Edited by mr-mac 2010-08-26 8:45 AM
 Top of the page
mr-mac Page Icon Posted 2010-09-02 8:43 PM
#
H/PC Elder

So what we need to do now I guess is have a piss about with all the diffrent CE / PPC image viewer software and see which work with/without redgear and which offer sufficient speed not to be a pain to use.... Say something that chaches the thumbnails would be a good thing to make using it less painless.

Always wished there was a program that could have a coulor profile overlaying the images to correct the muted colours on the Sig3 screen.

John

PS anyone who has tried any image gallery software on any HPC with or without redgear and has any comments on the speed etc then please chip in your thoughts.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 66 - Executed queries : 9