x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

IE 5.5 SP2 on Windows 95

beurmann Page Icon Posted 2010-08-24 4:41 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

The Internet Explorer 5.5 SP2 upgrade file available through the HPC: Factor download facility requires a connection to the internet to complete. The facility further recommends that if you have to upgrade a Windows 95 machine that you do it as a stand alone PC not connected to the internet. Coincidentally, I have a stand alone machine running Windows 95 and IE 5.0. I need to upgrade IE to 5.5 SP1 or better. Can anyone suggest a way to perform the upgrade to IE 5.5 SP2 without an internet connection?
 Top of the page Quote Reply
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2010-08-24 5:06 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

If you make a donation to the site I'll send you the entire offline installer binary file for IE 5.5 as per http://www.hpcfactor.com/downloads/msie/

We no longer offer downloading of MSIE from the site, it is prohibitively expensive for us and was being abused, therefore we only make it available to those who donate towards the running of the site.
beurmann Page Icon Posted 2010-08-24 5:12 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Please let me know an appropriate donation. Thanks!
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2010-08-24 5:49 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Absolutely anything over £1 (otherwise PayPal take most of it for themselves). I leave it entirely up to people to stipulate what they think is reasonable. You'll get the original MSIE binaries and my custom Windows Desktop update installer irrespective.

Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 9