x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Copy Violation

[Frozen]
Frozen
16bithovercar Page Icon Posted 2010-08-29 8:24 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I want to copy the entire root directory to a USB pendrive. My understanding that the "My Computer" thing is actually the "/" (rootdir). So I right click on one of the folders, "documents & settings" for instance, select copy, and paste it in in the USB pendrive. It copies part of the folder and then gets a link error and quits trying. THere are NO "abort,try again, etc" options - it just has "OK" to the error and then stops trying to copy. Note: I had to select show all files for it to even copy the useful stuff.

Any Ideas???

Thanks

Note: an example of the error is "cannot copy 'system.hv'. There has been a sharing violation. The source or destination of the file may be in use."

EDIT1: IT should also be noted that if I try to copy individual files, it will copy them, (you can tell because they show up in the folder for a second) and then WinCE deletes them! WINCE DELETES MY FILES??!? What?

Edited by 16bithovercar 2010-08-29 8:44 PM
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2010-08-29 9:50 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

You can't copy file that are flashed onto the device. Even copying them individually fails. It tries, but will always fail. It isn't really copying them even though it looks like it.
 Top of the page
otoluk Page Icon Posted 2010-08-30 10:21 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

16bithovercar - 2010-08-29 10:24 PM
WINCE DELETES MY FILES??!? What?

It is because of TFAT filesystem - if transaction is not completed then the FAT is returned to original. I have tried the exact thing with the same results even copying on USB thumbdrive(which is just a FAT16) files are not copied.

Now try to do a scandisk under "storage manager" and you will get lot of "lost cluster" files And after scandisk all copied files from ROM are deleted.
 Top of the page
otoluk Page Icon Posted 2010-08-30 3:32 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

To be precise you can only copy files which are in ROM(files) but not those that are in XIP(Modules) it is for copyright protection. XIP files(EXE,DLL) are only shadowed to the filesystem they are not like files. It is possible somehow to dump them but they mau not work because ar stripped down versions for particular device.
 Top of the page
Frozen
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 10