x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Cheap chinese tablet wont boot after Miopocket

SLAM-ER Page Icon Posted 2010-09-08 2:29 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

OK, so I bought a cheap Telechips 8901/8902 (ARM11) based Chinese 7" tablet running WinCE6. It was ok but had no games or GPS software installed, in my attempts to install stuff on it I ran mioPocket 4 scripts from the SDcard. It sat there doing some stuff for a bit, then turned off the unit. When I turned it back on I got the initial logo, then just a blank blue screen. After googling it I found some threads that said DO NOT RUN MIOPOCKET on my model as it loads up the embedded flash drive with files till it's full, then Windows cannot start due to unable to create temp files etc as the drive is full.

This particular unit does not have any hard reset that can restore the file system, and it is not accessable as a USB device until it has loaded WinCE, which means I now have no way to access the embedded flash drive to free up space.

I did manage to find a replacement firmware which I'd hoped would resolve the issue, however after the upgrade the only thing that has changed is the boot logo, I still get stuck on the blank screen after that.

I was wondering if there is a way to wipe the flash drive so it can boot from NAND and then hopefully I can restore any extra software after. Maybe a custom firmware that enables USB access (like the manufacturer would use to load them I expect)?

Here are links to the info that I found:
This is the tablet I ordered http://www.aliexpress.com/product-gs/335477081-7-Windows-CE-6-0-GPS-bulit-in-1080P-wholesalers.html
This is the replacement firmware I tried (mine is the same model as PandaWill X10 I think, so I tried it): http://www.pandawillforum.com/viewthread.php?tid=254&extra=&page=1
And this thread has some tools for hacking the firmware: http://www.pandawillforum.com/viewthread.php?tid=235 (which I haven't done anything with)

Any ideas? I feel particularly gutted at bricking my MID within 12hrs of getting it
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2010-09-08 10:21 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Hope you end up having better luck than me...I own several bricks that I created from working devices that I destroyed...
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-09-08 4:13 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

His plan is to eventually build a house with them.
 Top of the page
SLAM-ER Page Icon Posted 2010-09-09 1:27 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

If anyone cares, this device goes by at least the following brands:
* Dawa D7
* PandaWill X10
* Kinstone X10
* iMoto iM7
* ixsoon E6500

The one I brought is a generic/no-brand unit.

Also found this if it helps anyone help me... Telechips 89xx specifications document [EDIT] <--- Link doesnt allow external links, go here first, it's the attached file on the 1st post [/EDIT]

I hear rumours of PandaWill and Dawa working on Android OS for these, but then I found that although the Android model that looks almost identical it has more buttons (3) on the back, a different CPU and different motherboard, so I doubt I can flash mine to Android even if I found the firmware (which I cant anyway).

There are A LOT of people with these that have been bricked, and I know eventually someone will release a fix, also I expect they will get Android running on this specific model as well at some stage.

Edited by SLAM-ER 2010-09-09 1:30 AM
 Top of the page
qpec Page Icon Posted 2010-10-14 2:29 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Well I experienced same with chinese tablet i ordered from aliexpress, i dont know whats wrong..it doesnot boot at all. I still have this how to get fixed . I reordered the same from chinabuye, wonder it works and it boots up. Its affordable, seems to be compatible quality.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 10