x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

regear won't install on sig3???

mr-mac Page Icon Posted 2010-10-11 10:54 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Ok,

so sig3 ran out of battery so got re-set...

went to set it up again and tried to install redgear. No joy...

Every time I try to install now I get an error "the application can not install on this device type"...

I have tried it with MUI installed and without. I have wceloadext installed.

Not sure what is wrong at all as it installed fine last time???

John
 Top of the page
mr-mac1
mr-mac1 Page Icon Posted 2010-10-11 11:52 AM
#
Even tried re-downloading from alpaxo using my own customer ID picking the CE4.1 version...

Still the same.

John
 Top of the page
mr-mac Page Icon Posted 2010-10-19 1:55 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Ok... that is strange.

I just downloaded redgear from the alpaxo site. All versions of 1.0.2 (ce 4.1, ce 4.2, ce 3.0) and none of the cab files will open in MSCEINF had a look in winzip and it will not extract any of the files in the cab (says file corrupt). I tried another cab I had and the 3com drivers cab on the alpaxo site and all open in msceinf fine and I can extract individual files from the cab using winzip.

I suspect the regear cab's on the alpaxo site at the moment are corrupt. Does anyone have a working cab of redgear they downloaded through the HPCFactor customer ID that I can try on my Sig3? Version 1.0.1 or 1.0.2 would be great. Let me know and I will pm email address.

Thanks

John

Edited by mr-mac 2010-10-19 2:00 PM
 Top of the page
isotherm Page Icon Posted 2010-10-20 6:46 PM
#
H/PC Elite

The CAB files are not corrupt. But they will not open using any computer tools (it was part of an anti-piracy measure). Did you try using hexedit to change the processor ID on the CE 4.1 CAB? This shouldn't be necessary with wceloadext, but perhaps it would help.

Edited by isotherm 2010-10-20 6:46 PM
 Top of the page
mr-mac Page Icon Posted 2010-10-21 8:28 AM
#
H/PC Elder

isotherm - 2010-10-20 6:46 PM

The CAB files are not corrupt. But they will not open using any computer tools (it was part of an anti-piracy measure). Did you try using hexedit to change the processor ID on the CE 4.1 CAB? This shouldn't be necessary with wceloadext, but perhaps it would help.

No, not tried it yet... thought I would ask as remember you said you had put up wrong cab at first.

Will have to look it up as I have not done this in ages and ain't a clue where to start anymore. The last version I had installed fine (think it was 1.1.0) but can't find that now and don't think 1.2.0 has ever installed.

John

Top of the page
mr-mac Page Icon Posted 2010-10-21 10:15 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Had a look and I guess this is the cpu id in the cab just following the PE header (though thought it was supposed to be straight after).

50 45 00 00 C0 01

C0 01 would be for Strongarm and ARM 7 etc... the sigmarion has no problems installing other cabs with the same CPU id. Can someone advise me what to set the CPU ID as to work with the Sigmarion 3? I only ask as I seem to remember the Sig3 has a bug or error where it actually looks for the wrong CPU ID or something.

Cheers

John
 Top of the page
mr-mac Page Icon Posted 2010-10-21 10:24 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Maybe wceloadext isn't installing correctly???

Will re-download and try again.

John
 Top of the page
isotherm Page Icon Posted 2010-10-23 2:08 PM
#
H/PC Elite

When you download from the Alpaxo site, the license agreement will be displayed and the URL will contain a string "id=19". Change the number to "id=15" and go to that URL. This should download version 1.0.0. See if that will work for you.
 Top of the page
mr-mac Page Icon Posted 2010-10-23 2:40 PM
#
H/PC Elder

sorted...

It`s been a while for me and the directory on sd where I copy wceloadext and always have was missing the dll file.

Silly boy

All working again. Thanks for help

John
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 66 - Executed queries : 8