x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

What's the best java for HPC Pro/MIPS

BookWorm Page Icon Posted 2010-11-08 1:21 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

There are apparently several versions of java for HPC Pro and a MIPS CPU. I don't need an up to date version, because the main reason I want it is to run Lotus eSuite, an office suite apparently written in java around 1996-97. I don't know if it's comparable to SmartSuite, MS Works, MS Office, or Pocket Office, but it sounds like a unique opportunity to use (OK, play with) the same software on my workpad as on my ThinkPads.

I don't really care about java stuff on the internet, since that junk even slows down my 650 Mhz PIII.

What version of java will run eSuite perfectly without being too slow?

I would also like to know where to get eSuite, since all a web search finds are old reviews.

(BTW if some smart aleck sends me to a coffe shop I'll spread a roumor that you use a palm. )
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-11-08 2:19 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I won't send you to a coffee shop, but I will send you to the Search link in these forums.

What you'll find will pretty much point you toward one Java virtual machine: Sun Microsystems' Personal Java. Finding a still-active download source for it is another story, however.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 42 - Executed queries : 26