x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Adobe Acrobat on Workpad z50

royceghost Page Icon Posted 2010-11-13 2:05 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Does anyone know if Adobe Acrobat can be made to work on the Workpad z50? I've tried the Acrobat 1 for mips but haven't been able to get it to work. Any suggestions?
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-11-13 7:35 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

It can't - it's for CE 3.0 and up, whereas the z50 runs CE 2.11.
 Top of the page
hmascience Page Icon Posted 2010-11-14 2:03 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Did you try "mips211pdf" at http://www.hpcmonex.net/izemize.htm ? I suppose its not real Adobe, but did you really need Acrobat or just a PDF viewer? That said, I haven't tried it. (The oldest of my machines is a Mobilepro 790).
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2010-11-14 3:28 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

That one should work...it was made for the BE300 which is another MIPS device. Best option I would think would be to find a copy of Ansyr Primer 2.3.
 Top of the page
royceghost Page Icon Posted 2010-11-17 9:25 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Yes I got mips211pdf to work, and it works ok although it cant read some pdfs. But the acrobat has more functions and I couldn't see in principle why it wouldn't work so just wondered if anyone else had got it running successfully. Primer also works, but is so slow even with 48mb ram as to be unusable. I do a lot of work on my workpad and it would have been very useful to have acrobat. Thanks you all though.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-11-17 9:48 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

royceghost - 2010-11-17 1:25 AM

Yes I got mips211pdf to work, and it works ok although it cant read some pdfs.

Yeah, it's pretty limited. But it's the only thing other than Primer that works in CE 2.11.

But the acrobat has more functions and I couldn't see in principle why it wouldn't work so just wondered if anyone else had got it running successfully.

Several have tried, even though their efforts were technically in violation of the EULA - and no one was able to get past the opening splash screen. The only version of Adobe Reader written for CE 2.11 was written specifically for the Hitachi ePlate HPW-600, which had an SH4 processor. (And it didn't work well either, also being slow and not able to open some PDFs.)

Primer also works, but is so slow even with 48mb ram as to be unusable.

Primer was actually written for CE 2.0 and above. It actually works pretty well, but the tradeoff is the slowness in opening each document. (And, of course, it's expensive, and it's hard to find a link to register it nowadays.)
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2010-11-17 9:48 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I'm afraid the only formal release of Acrobat for 2.11 was released against SH4.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 9