x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Dana Page Icon Posted 2010-12-06 8:10 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

RTFM - 2010-11-14 9:09 PM

There are a few browsers that will run on ce6. Of the java based ones (using PhoneMe as jvm) there is ucweb, bolt and opera mini to name a few. Some webkit based ones like zetakey, iris, and isee work ok as well. You can find most of them in my "mega pack" of CE apps found here:
http://filefactory.com/file/b40cdc6/n/winCE6freeware.zip.

I didn't see zetakey in your zipfile...

Tried the ones that were there:

Iris seems to load the first web page fine, then nothing.

How do I run Bolt? I'm guessing it's jave something, but what do I do with the .jar files?

iSee loads, but won't load any web pages. It has a place to enable proxy (I'm behind a proxy at work) but no place to set the proxy server address. Can't close it via the "X" in the corner, have to rightclick on it in the taskbar and select close.

Skyfire won't run at all, nor will Minibrowser.

UCWEB loads something, but seems to be in some other character set. Can't seem to do anything with it, have to kill it via the taskbar.

ftxbrowser I've used before and it worked, sorta, not well.
 Top of the page
RTFM
RTFM Page Icon Posted 2010-12-06 8:31 PM
#
Zetakey might be labeled as zkbrowser. Otherwise google it. It's updated quite often. The latest version is fast on my tinybook. Skyfire apparently no longer supports winmo, so even if it did load it wont surf anymore. Iris flies on my tinybook also. I use it as my default browser. Bolt is a java browser like opera mini. You install it through PhoneME JVM, like you would with a java enabled cell phone.

I'm guessing the tinybook version of CE6 has a more "feature rich" set of dll's or something as all these worked for me. The 667mhz and 256mb ram also probably help quite a bit also as the webkit based browsers do chew up the ram.

Cheers.
 Top of the page
Dana Page Icon Posted 2010-12-07 4:17 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Thanks, found Zetakey but it doesn't work ("...serious error and must shut down". Tried phoneme jvm but it doesn't work either (again, "serious error..." )

Grrr.

On the bright side, my new 17" laptop should be arriving in a couple of days...
 Top of the page
Dana Page Icon Posted 2010-12-08 6:42 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Found a version of phoneME that works, and am able to run Bolt and (sometimes) Opera Mini. Both have problems, though...

Bolt doesn't seem to like the touchpad cursor; it just drags the program around on the screen. I can sort of navigate it using the arrow keys. Opera loads once on every 3 or 4 tries, more often crashing with "serious error" or java console errors. Neither seem to be able to connect through a proxy, though, and I can't find anyplace to enter network settings (proxy, etc.). Actually I couldn't get Opera to connect even without the proxy at home. Any ideas what needs to be done to make them work?

Edited by Dana 2010-12-08 6:43 PM
 Top of the page
rgisondi Page Icon Posted 2010-12-08 11:34 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Strange all them work on my tinybook. I managed to run on it flash lite 3.1 and an old version of uzard web flash supported (without sound). If only would be an updated aygshell that device could run many and many wm 5/6 apps.
 Top of the page
Dana Page Icon Posted 2010-12-09 1:47 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Be durned! Now I've got Opera Mini working... not sure how, but I'm typing this in OM. Really strange method of text entry, though... still faster than IE...
 Top of the page
radek200 Page Icon Posted 2010-12-12 3:57 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I am having trouble downloading PhoneME jvm. Where I do I go to download it?
 Top of the page
Dana Page Icon Posted 2010-12-13 2:55 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Top of the page
tlgalenson Page Icon Posted 2010-12-25 6:18 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

It won't replace the updated Wifi driver but there is now an OS update for the Sylvania Netbook at www.digitalgadgets.com The wifi update is part of that OS upgrade but now you can "play" with the Android 1.5x demo and revert to Win CE or you can "play" with Win CE and re-load it.

If you turn off a lot of the scripting functions and most of the advanced options, the IE is a bit faster.

Tom
 Top of the page
tlgalenson Page Icon Posted 2010-12-25 6:22 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

The pocket pc version of Opera will install on a Sylvania Netbook.

I never found the "accept" button but the F1 key works and you can use the 2 and 8 keys to go up and down. There is no bars on the side of the window. What I didn't try was dragging the window around with the cursor.... hmmm.

Tom
 Top of the page
Chuck E Page Icon Posted 2011-01-06 5:44 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Wow, am I glad I gave UCWeb another try today after reading this thread. I'd thought it was very cool-looking, but was totally let down by my impression that it only displays in Chinese. I've just found where to enter addresses and am viewing English sites! Made my day! May yet get a 10.2-inch CE6 netbook to supplement my 7-inch version.

Edited by Chuck E 2011-01-06 5:47 AM
 Top of the page
Chuck E Page Icon Posted 2011-01-06 6:03 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

UCWEB loads something, but seems to be in some other character set. Can't seem to do anything with it, have to kill it via the taskbar.

UCWEB does show English content, you need to enter addresses at a certain location. I've just discovered this, I'll backtrack my steps (very simple) and report back within 24 hours. I like UCWEB, it just seems great for a downscaled machine like these CE6 netbooks. So far though it appears that you can't save pages, images, or text from within it. I can always go back to IE to do that.
 Top of the page
jumpjack Page Icon Posted 2011-03-28 10:33 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

hi, any other suggestions for alternative web browsers?
SkyFire is not working on my ANYKA8802 device; it installs, but it does not run.
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.234 - Cached queries : 46 - Executed queries : 33