x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Next up: Headheld PCs?

[Frozen]
Frozen
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-11-25 5:52 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

WindowsForDevices reports that a Windows CE 6.0 device built into a headset, with voice recognition for input and a virtual-theater-style personal display, may be released as early as shortly after the first of the year. Check out the article here:

http://www.windowsfordevices.com/c/a/News/Kopin-Goldeni-generation-...

According to the article, the core Windows Embedded CE 6.0 interface will be available as an option. Interesting stuff.
 Top of the page Quote Reply
Paianni Page Icon Posted 2010-12-05 7:51 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Once again, this is just HPC: Factor trying to find a way to move on from it's roots, but with no success.

Seriously, there is nothing here. The forums can just rely on hardware support and merge the CE discussions together as there are so little activity anyway (and keep the rest intact).

What is so exciting and new if it's nothing to do with Headheld PC's (Windows CE aside).

Edited by Paspie 2010-12-05 7:52 AM
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2010-12-05 2:31 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

You sound disappointed Paspie. I found the heads-up device article interesting. And while it has little to do with HPCs, most of the readers here have a diverse enough interest that they can appreciate new gadgets that are introduced to the market place.

Merging the discussions would be counterintuitive and counterproductive. The majority of members asked that the forums be divided up into separate areas, i.e. CE5, CE6, etc... C:Amie did that based on the requests of the majority...and it entailed quite a bit of work on his part. Plus if you have no interest in a specific topic or area, you have the ability to block out that entire area in your forum control options.

If you want to see something new and exciting in HPCs and Windows CE, especially for these old legacy devices, I'm afraid it will be up to you or someone else to come up with a new application and share it with everyone. The HPC is becoming a rare commodity these days, and if not for HPCFactor and a few other sites, there would be nothing at all...so I am for one, grateful for what I have...though like you, I admit, I crave more.
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2010-12-11 4:18 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Paspie - 2010-12-05 2:51 AM

Once again, this is just HPC: Factor trying to find a way to move on from it's roots, but with no success.

Seriously, there is nothing here. The forums can just rely on hardware support and merge the CE discussions together as there are so little activity anyway (and keep the rest intact).

What is so exciting and new if it's nothing to do with Headheld PC's (Windows CE aside).

why?

would you write that?

to assume you know best what other factorer's want is absurd on it's face. If you want a single forum website venture forth and create one. Let us know in a year, if you're still open, how it's going. I'm grateful for the current layout here and while there's been a lull my instinct tells me there's many more years of activity if we want it.
Paianni Page Icon Posted 2010-12-11 9:30 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Yeah, that was a stupid post, maybe I should use my head a bit more.

I just personally feel that if news like this is not relevant to Handheld PC news, in most cases it doesn't need to be posted here. Sure it may be interesting but news on new software or hardware drivers for the Handheld PC are going to receive more attention then spinoff's like these. Problem is, there isn't much to see on the latter part, which links to original post. (Not blaming you CE Geek, I know it's hard finding stuff to write about here).

Apologies for nature of first post! Delete away!

Edited by Paspie 2010-12-11 9:33 PM
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-12-11 10:22 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I wish there were new software or hardware drivers for the H/PC, Paspie, but the mobile computing world seems to have forgotten us.
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2010-12-11 10:53 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

We all share your frustration Paspie....we may all be orphans, but at least we are brothers and sisters in heart....
PocketBrain Page Icon Posted 2010-12-19 7:35 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Augmented Reality, coming to eyeglasses near you.
Frozen
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 11