x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

djdmarco Page Icon Posted 2010-12-13 7:13 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

hey I got what seems to be called an "Ez book Net book". Comes with the Windows CE Ver.6.0(build3122) and only 256MB with a 2GB HD. I have an issue with mine though it will not allow me to surf the web. It's only set up on IPv6 though and I don't know what the issue may be.

Is their anyone that may have an idea how to change or fix this problem 1)The fact that it says in the bottom right hand corner of the browser"Local Intranet" 2)IPv6 to IPv4 cause I'm thinking that this is the reasons for me not being able to get on the web. I check the Internet settings in the options box of the browser and set it to the internet but it defaults to the In"local Intranet" and I looked for an option to change to IPv4 but only seen the other. Thinking maybe it is something that I am missing.. It is saying that it is connected in Wifi but it will not browse the web..

Any help would be greatfull thanks anyone and everyone in advance..
 Top of the page
Dana Page Icon Posted 2010-12-15 3:23 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Do you have other computers that will connect to the internet through the same wifi? If so, check that you're using the same settings.
 Top of the page
SuperBat
SuperBat Page Icon Posted 2010-12-30 2:46 PM
#
My daughter got one of these for Christmas, and had the same message with no connect results... However, I found that, although it said "local internet" as you indicate, it was NOT connected. Checking further into the network setup, her husband had set up the wireless incorrectly. I followed the instructions starting on page 18 of the manual, and found where to go to set it up, and added the wireless passkey. It is working like a champ now.

The network setup is relatively different and you need to pay attention to the LOG to see if it is really communicating or not. Hers indicated a good strong connect, but it had not negotiated the password until I set that up & stopped & re-started the wireless software... I looked into the LAN setup too, but we didn't need it. I mention it because it was also "different"...

I hope this helps. It does go into several pages of network instructions, but I fount the log indicating that it was not really communicating on my own...
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 58 - Executed queries : 10