x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

textmaker mips full version for z50

royceghost Page Icon Posted 2010-12-24 12:49 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi All,
I use my workpad z50 a lot for my research and find that just by battery life alone it beats the heck out of whatever anyone else around me is using. For ages I've been trying to get my hands on a full version of textmaker 2002 for mips to put on it. Some weeks ago I discovered that the great hpc resource cd had a copy on it. I was about to order one, but I hesitated, because I'm a Canadian but studying over in Belgium and the customs tax plus handling fee that they slap on pretty much everything put the cd up to about 80 dollars for me, of which I only wanted the textmaker. So I was browsing ebay uk and saw a jornada 720 for auction with the great hpc resource cd included. I don't pay customs tax from the UK so I said wow! what a chance, I can't lose...
Won the Jornada and resource cd, received it about a week ago, slapped the cd in and began the install on my z50 and HORROR!, only the Arm version is on the cd! So now I'm back to square zero, 150 dollars poorer, albeit with a lovely working jornada (but too small for my heavier research work) and still with no idea where to get a full mips copy of textmaker 2002. Can any kind soul help or advise me?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2010-12-24 1:03 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Ouch, that's unfortunate. There's a life rule there about doing your homework first

SoftMaker are often fairly receptive towards requests for back-dated versions. I would start by dropping them an e-mail, explain your problem and that you will accept purchase on the provision of no support from them. You might find you get what you need.

In the mean time have a google around and see if you can download the trial for TextMaker 2002,I found this with a quick google. No idea how legitimate it is though:
http://www.softlow.com/other-pda/utilities/text-editors/demo/textma...
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2010-12-24 1:29 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
Recently, I was able to procure TM 2002 for Zaurus through pulster.de. Among many interesting things in the transaction was the point where Softmaker sent me the full version themselves (Christoph Pulster is a licensed dealer for TM for Zaurus).

So following C:Amie's advice is a good thing as always and in your note, you might ask Softmaker if there are still licensed dealers for MIPS, etc.

Jake
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2010-12-24 2:37 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

The version C:Amie has posted is a good trial version that will last for 30 days...good for SH3, SH4, MIPS210, MIPS211, and ARM. It is 100% legit. It however extracts the files to the C:\Documents and Settings\yourcomputername\Local Settings\Temp\WZS121D.tmp folder, so if you don't have a sync cable and are activesyncing, you will have to copy the files over manually to install them.

You will need to make a SOFTMAKER foldere in the PROGRAM FILES folder, and into that drag the html folder, the template folder, and all of the rest of the files, including the builds for your specific processor.
 Top of the page
royceghost Page Icon Posted 2010-12-24 6:28 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I have the trial version. I've reinstalled it several times. But I can't reinstall it anymore, when I do it runs for one time, then tells me the trial period is over, etc. even if I hard reset my z50. I guess it puts a trial limiter code in the registry of my laptop. I haven't tried contacting softmaker because if I recall right someone on the forum said they had tried and softmaker couldn't help them. But its worth a try I suppose.
I will certainly try the pulster.de though. I should have done more homework yes. Does anyone know whether the great HPC resource cd only comes with the arm version, or was it because I was getting it with a jornada and it was tailored to that?
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-12-24 6:37 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

It does come with the ARM version only. UsedHandhelds put the CD together primarily for Jornada 720/728 and NEC 900/900C users.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.141 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 9