x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Bought an HP 620LX

HPC:Fan Page Icon Posted 2010-12-25 11:30 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

I bought a nicely used HP 620LX off of eBay. It's the CE 2.0 model, no upgrades.

I'm just curious, will a wireless PCMCIA card based on the "AGERE" chipset work to connect to the net on it? Also, does anyone have any info on rebuilding the battery? I've seen some new batteries out there for the 620 as low as 8 GBP but I'd like to rebuild it and maybe improve on the battery life by using a higher capacity rechargeable battery.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-12-26 12:14 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Yes, an Agere-based card will work fine using the Lucent WaveLAN driver. Check the HCL for the WaveLAN card to download the driver.

Check this thread for some guidance on rebuilding a 620LX battery:

http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=4320&sta...
 Top of the page
HPC:Fan Page Icon Posted 2010-12-26 12:41 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

Great news CE Geek, thanks for the info.

If anyone else wants a cheap wifi adapter for their WinCE devices, eBay has a ton of them for under 5 bucks, shipped from HK. (See http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=m570&_nkw=wifi+PCMCIA&#...)

And thanks for the link regarding the battery pack. Going to bookmark it now.

I have several WinCE devices as well as Psions and "others", but I've not really found a device I want to carry around with me 24/7. My Clio and subsequent Tripad were my preferred devices for a while, but then I started to feel they got too big. I'm eventually going to get a MobilePro, but in the mean time I hope the 620 will work for light browsing/emails.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 8