x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

RedGear and Sigmarion3

Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2010-12-27 11:55 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Finally I decided to try that masterpiece from Isotherm. I've installed that 260 KB .cab, but anytime I try to run anyting that uses aygshell, I get permanent clock animation and freeze. What am i doing wrong?
 Top of the page
mr-mac Page Icon Posted 2011-01-09 3:46 PM
#
H/PC Elder

You need to use hou mings aygshell so replace file _ygshell.dll with hou mings one.

Also need to disable autorun or suspend acts funny. So install redgear then uninstall it (wont uninstall just disables it from running on soft re-set), replace the _ygshell dll file, lastly soft reset the unit. To run redgear the command redgear 1 will start it after soft reset then you can use the redgear icon in start menu to turn it on and off.

To save me enabling it i just created a shortcut and edited path to read redgear 1 and placed it in the windows startup directory so it auto enables after soft re-set

Cheers

John
 Top of the page
isotherm Page Icon Posted 2011-01-09 6:19 PM
#
H/PC Elite

I never did figure out the problems with the Sig III. I had cmonex try it on a freshly reset device, and it was working fine. It must be something that people install later that causes the problems?

Anyway, replacing the _ygshell.dll is a good solution. It shouldn't be necessary to disable RedGear. First, rename \Windows\_ygshell.dll to \Windows\_ygshell.bak. Then you can copy HM's aygshell to \Windows\_ygshell.dll and after soft reset it will be working (no need to do the "redgear 1" etc.)
 Top of the page
mr-mac Page Icon Posted 2011-01-09 9:22 PM
#
H/PC Elder

It never worked for me that way.... if i don't dissable it doesn't seem to suspend properly and sometimes timebombs on way out of suspend or batt was flat.....

Maybe was something else but not sure
 Top of the page
Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2011-01-31 3:43 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Excuse me please for my somehow stupid question but what should I do to run Opera having it's cabinet and RedGear cabinet?

Edited by Alt Bass 2011-01-31 3:43 PM
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2011-02-01 5:04 PM
#
H/PC Elder

not able to help bass but what versions of Opera are you trying to run?
 Top of the page
Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2011-02-02 5:26 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

8.65 for PPC2003.
 Top of the page
isotherm Page Icon Posted 2011-02-03 3:21 AM
#
H/PC Elite

It should be: Install RedGear CAB, install Opera CAB, run Opera. (cmonex tried this procedure and it worked fine on a fresh Sig III.) You may need to do some of the other items mentioned (disabling RedGear on startup, etc.) if it won't work for you.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 66 - Executed queries : 8