x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Hitachi pc hpw-600etm

victorianrose Page Icon Posted 2010-12-28 7:32 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Can anybody PLEASE help me? I purchased this HPC still in its box with all books and info. I do not know anything about what I purchase and not being a computer genious I just have a few questions.
1. Do I need a PC card and/or a CF car?
2. I really want to use this wireless, I purchased it in hopes I could carry it anywhere that had a wi-fi signal. What card or usb do I need to go wireless?

I took this to my local computer guy and said he wont touch a windows CE, is that a bad thing?

Basically, even though I have instructions, I still do not understand, its all greek to me. I just want to be able to go on the internet when I am out and about.

please can anybody help?
 Top of the page
Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2010-12-28 7:46 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

>I took this to my local computer guy and said he wont touch a windows CE, is that a bad thing?
Sometimes yes.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-12-28 10:05 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Moved to Handheld PC Professional

The first thing you need to know is the processor type, because each processor requires its own version of any software you install. (This is one of the things that scares people away from Windows CE.) The HPW-600ETM has a Hitachi SH4 processor. Not all Windows CE software developers wrote versions for the SH4 processor, even though they usually wrote versions for its predecessor, the SH3. SH3 and SH4 programs are not compatible with one another. (There are very few exceptions.) So you'll have fewer software choices (though still quite a few if you look hard enough).

Any Agere-based wireless card will work with the HPW-600ETM. Nearly all of these are PC cards (a few are CF). Some Agere-based cards: 1) Agere Systems ORiNOCO Classic; 2) Lucent Technologies ORiNOCO card; 3) Lucent WaveLAN card; 4) Agere 2Wire card; 5) Enterasys RoamAbout card; 6) Compaq WL-110. Check the Hardware Compatibility List on this site (under "Support & Tutorials" ) for these cards. The drivers can be downloaded there. (Look for the Windows CE 2.11 versions.) The driver includes an "Agere Client" wizard that walks you through the process of getting connected.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 9