x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Probs with charging

Ales Dlabac
Ales Dlabac Page Icon Posted 2004-10-31 11:54 AM
#

My Jornada 720 has problem with start to charge, always I have to remove main battery for few times to start charging after that Jornada detect AC power and starts charging process. Anyone knows why this happens?

Ales Dlabac
 Top of the page
Brain_Recall
Brain_Recall Page Icon Posted 2004-11-01 10:34 PM
#
My guess there are two possible things wrong.

Either a) the battery is going/gone belly-up. If you can, grab a battery from a friend. See if it charges normally. If you don't have spare battery available, then you might have to buy a new one. How long does the current battery last?

Or, possibly, b) you either have a non-standard or failing charger. The charger for the 720 is identical for my 680. It outputs at 12 volts with about 2.5 amps. If you're handy, check to see if that's what the power brick is really delivering. I know low voltage/current can cause some wierd problems when charging. Check the connector too. That may have done gone bad, and in the process of pulling the battery you may have moved the connector in such a way that it works. (I got mine with a really bad connecter. Looked like someone rolled over it with a desk chair a few too many times.)

I hope this helps.

*edit*
I can't speel, at all.

Edited by Brain_Recall 2004-11-01 10:37 PM
 Top of the page
clintonfitchdotcom Page Icon Posted 2004-11-02 10:28 AM
#
Avatar image of clintonfitchdotcom
H/PC Elite

It could be the charger or the battery.

Have you cleaned the contacts of the battery and the 720 chassis itself? Use an eraser to clean any dirt or grime away. It is possible that the contacts are not good and that is causing the problem.

Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 59 - Executed queries : 8