x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Where Orinoco Gold and Mobilon HC-4500

1 2 3 4
HPC:Fan Page Icon Posted 2011-01-03 3:30 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

I've done the same thing Paspie. I've waited anxiously for the thing to arrive, only to find out somethings not right only to open it and screw it up even worse. Last time this happened with me I got so frustrated with it all and threw it in the trash.

Hope you do better then me and get it put back together and in working order.
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2011-01-03 3:48 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
My screen on my first 4100 blew out. Nothing to be done except pay the price of legacy machines. Strip what you can and gird your loins for another. You might look at the cheaper 4100 for sheer battery life (2 AAs).

Jake
 Top of the page
Paianni Page Icon Posted 2011-01-03 3:58 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Maybe it will be useful for spares, otherwise it's £20 well spent. (sarcasm)
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2011-01-03 10:31 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

SOLIDUS - 2011-01-03 7:30 AM

I've done the same thing Paspie. I've waited anxiously for the thing to arrive, only to find out somethings not right only to open it and screw it up even worse. Last time this happened with me I got so frustrated with it all and threw it in the trash.

Me too, though I've never thrown away any H/PC parts. (Might explain why my house is such a mess. ) See this thread for my trials and tribulations:

http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=5793&start=1

I still have the parts from three HC-4500s (one is actually an HC-4500A - no modem) in a box. Tried to put together one working HC-4500 from the parts, but haven't found the right combination yet. (I like my HC-4600 better anyway. Just wish I could still find the 16 MB upgrade RAM module for it.)
 Top of the page
Paianni Page Icon Posted 2011-01-03 10:53 PM
#
H/PC Elite

CE Geek - 2011-01-03 10:31 PM

SOLIDUS - 2011-01-03 7:30 AM

Me too, though I've never thrown away any H/PC parts. (Might explain why my house is such a mess. ) See this thread for my trials and tribulations:

http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=5793&start=1

I still have the parts from three HC-4500s (one is actually an HC-4500A - no modem) in a box. Tried to put together one working HC-4500 from the parts, but haven't found the right combination yet. (I like my HC-4600 better anyway. Just wish I could still find the 16 MB upgrade RAM module for it.)
Now, my HC-4500 is completely dead after an attempted dismantle. However those parts could be invaluable if I get a replacement unit; I've got a matching stylus, battery pack, original box (another extremely rare item), ac adapter, and setup manual. My gripe now is that I have been put off buying from eBay since there is always the chance that if I do buy a replacement, that won't work either.

Edited by Paspie 2011-01-03 10:58 PM
 Top of the page
Paianni Page Icon Posted 2011-01-04 7:57 PM
#
H/PC Elite

It turns out, after researching, that only the US version of the device is branded as the mobilon (the Mobilon HC-4500). The Mobilon HC-4500A was launched in both the US and Europe, and was exactly the same just without the modem. I think the HC-4600 has a slightly more powerful CPU than the HC-4500, with a slightly different ROM and the RAM is upgradeable.
 Top of the page
HPC:Fan Page Icon Posted 2011-01-05 4:31 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Good to know Paspie, I'm going to hit up eBay myself and see what they have. I'm really keen on one of these Mobilons!
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2011-01-06 5:14 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Top of the page
Paianni Page Icon Posted 2011-01-06 2:17 PM
#
H/PC Elite

I've found a replacement unit on eBay I can try and put a bid in for, hopefully this will work much better!
 Top of the page
HPC:Fan Page Icon Posted 2011-01-07 8:01 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

CE Geek - 2011-01-06 12:14 AM

Here ya go:

http://cgi.ebay....

You bet your sweet butt I'm bidding on it. Going to move some PayPal funds over now.

@Paspie, keep us updated with how it goes?

Edited by SOLIDUS 2011-01-07 8:01 AM
 Top of the page
Paianni Page Icon Posted 2011-01-07 2:16 PM
#
H/PC Elite

There is a version of PocketTV available for CE 2.0 MIPS devices (not SH3 though) and it might be worth trying that video player instead of Wodeon and see how it works. There is no information about purchasing it though, any thoughts?
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2011-01-07 5:31 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

PocketTV is free, but you have to register to get an unlock code. However, as I noted in the thread I linked above, the MIPS CE 2.0 version crashes when you try to load a video, forcing a soft reset. Stick with Wodeon, though the playback quality is less than stellar.
 Top of the page
Paianni Page Icon Posted 2011-01-07 7:32 PM
#
H/PC Elite

I thought I could have a little attempt and simple html coding for a bit, using some online tutorials (video, text etc) and managed to put this together, just a simple html page called MyMobilon. Obviously the links won't work, however you are more than welcome to just generally work on it a bit or make your own! I also managed to source the highest resolution images I could find for each device.

I just remembered; you won't be able to see the images either, I might upload them at a later date.

Edited by Paspie 2011-01-07 7:36 PM

Attachments
----------------
Attachments mymobilon.html (7KB - 4 downloads)
Attachments mobilons_for_sale.html (1KB - 2 downloads)
Attachments mymobilondownloads.html (2KB - 1 downloads)
 Top of the page
Paianni Page Icon Posted 2011-01-08 1:59 PM
#
H/PC Elite

I cannot believe it! After 5 days in limbo, the Sharp has come back to life! It turns out that maybe it had not registered the switch on the back which indicates that the batteries are being changed. Unfortunately the REC and OPEN button came off when I attempted to disassemble, but for now it is working. Not only that, the AC adapter appears to work on my Ericsson MC16.

Edited by Paspie 2011-01-08 2:08 PM
 Top of the page
HPC:Fan Page Icon Posted 2011-01-08 2:36 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Awesome Paspie!
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.25 - Cached queries : 73 - Executed queries : 9