x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Where Orinoco Gold and Mobilon HC-4500

1 2 3 4
Paianni Page Icon Posted 2011-01-08 5:25 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Utopiasoft Hum 1.62 is playing up on me. I haven't registered yet (maybe I should have beforehand) however after creating a playlist of 14 tracks on a 1GB Storage Card, the program will just freeze on a grey menubar and background (with Start Button and toolbar) which makes me have to reset the device. That doesn't do anything. I did install SP1 beforehand, so what is making this program freeze?

Another thing: it seems to load when I don't have a storage card inserted, but there doesn't seem to be any tracks in the playlist even though I have created one with 14 tracks. Strange ...

Update: I managed to get a track to play, it's just that the program runs very slow.

Edited by Paspie 2011-01-08 5:47 PM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2011-01-08 6:17 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Probably the bitrate of the mp3 files, try it under 128kbps and in mono.
 Top of the page
Paianni Page Icon Posted 2011-01-08 7:32 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Yeah, it is working a little better now (tip: be patient!), it just takes a long time to open properly. Sound quality is very good on the HC-4xxx series, far better than my MC16 (360LX), especially in mono as that what the speaker is.

With a CF card inserted (with PC Card converter) Hum will take about over 15 minutes to recognise the tracks in the playlist.

Edited by Paspie 2011-01-08 8:00 PM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2011-01-09 3:03 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Yeah, Hum is pretty slow. (The only device I've seen it run smoothly on is the HP Jornada 430SE Palm-size PC, which has a color version of it in ROM.) Xaudio is a bit faster since it's less graphics-intensive:

http://www.archive.org/details/tucows_32632_XAudio_MP3_Player

Xaudio was originally from the folks who brought us PocketTV.
 Top of the page
Paianni Page Icon Posted 2011-01-11 5:14 PM
#
H/PC Elite

I tried Xaudio, quality seems poorer than Hum though (I might need a thorough tinker with it ). Any more suggestions with wifi? Again, I'm back in the position I was in when I first started the thread. Is there anything I can do without removing the encryption key? It's 10 digit 64 bit WEP so why is it coming up with that error message if it is supported?

Edited by Paspie 2011-01-11 5:52 PM
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2011-01-11 8:15 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Paspie, are you saying the wifi works fine on an open signal, but if you try and enter a WEP key then it doesn't? If you are entering HEX characters, A-F, make sure that you capitalize them...as some wifi drivers are case sensitive to keys.
 Top of the page
Paianni Page Icon Posted 2011-01-12 11:16 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Rich Hawley - 2011-01-11 8:15 PM

Paspie, are you saying the wifi works fine on an open signal, but if you try and enter a WEP key then it doesn't? If you are entering HEX characters, A-F, make sure that you capitalize them...as some wifi drivers are case sensitive to keys.
I've tried that method, same outcome. I've only tried connecting it to my network that is protected by WEP. There is also an error when I type in the MAC address.

Edited by Paspie 2011-01-12 11:17 AM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2011-01-12 12:36 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Why are you typing in a MAC address?...

You are using the WEP key and not a passphrase aren't you?
 Top of the page
Paianni Page Icon Posted 2011-01-12 1:53 PM
#
H/PC Elite

C:Amie - 2011-01-12 12:36 PM

Why are you typing in a MAC address?...

You are using the WEP key and not a passphrase aren't you?
I have no idea; it's not my router. I'm not sure what you mean by a passphrase. I just at some point found out what was supposed to be the WEP key so I used that.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2011-01-12 2:23 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Some wifi cards let you enter a passphrase, a password that is converted to a security key...kind of like turning your name into hexadecimal and using that for a wep key.

One thing I always recommend to people is that they take their hpc to an open hotspot like McDonalds or somewhere similar so that they can insure the hardware is working properly at least...and then to tackle the wifi encryption problem later....
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2011-01-12 9:47 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Are you certain that this WEP key a) works b) is a WEP key?
 Top of the page
Paianni Page Icon Posted 2011-01-12 10:12 PM
#
H/PC Elite

C:Amie - 2011-01-12 9:47 PM

Are you certain that this WEP key a) works b) is a WEP key?
It has worked on my laptop running Windows XP, an iPhone, a Jornada 720...and you are saying my WEP key doesn't work. It is a passphrase that was setup when my parents got it back in 2006, unfortunately I cannot do anything about that. My current stage of HPC interest has now collapsed as usual when I get bored time to time, so thanks for all the help but for now I'll be put on other things while my HPC's will be put on hold.
 Top of the page
HPC:Fan Page Icon Posted 2011-01-12 11:29 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Go to your router by typing in your IP. Go to the wireless settings and get the wep key that way. All routers are different, so I can't give you specifics unfortunately. But that's the way it is with WinCE, always a little harder to get working with more modern pieces of equipment.

Good luck and don't give up!
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2011-01-13 10:35 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Passphrase = thisIsAPassPhraseItIsPlainEnglish
WEP Key = A1B2C34D5E6C

WEP keys will only have A-F, 0-9 in them.

There are several different Passphrase algorithms in use back in the day, it is more standardised now. If you are using a passphrase yours is clearly not converting correctly. So use the raw key.
 Top of the page
Paianni Page Icon Posted 2011-01-13 11:11 AM
#
H/PC Elite

C:Amie - 2011-01-13 10:35 AM

Passphrase = thisIsAPassPhraseItIsPlainEnglish
WEP Key = A1B2C34D5E6C

WEP keys will only have A-F, 0-9 in them.

There are several different Passphrase algorithms in use back in the day, it is more standardised now. If you are using a passphrase yours is clearly not converting correctly. So use the raw key.
Okay, mine is definately a WEP key.
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 72 - Executed queries : 9